Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Youth bow - sight issue, no adjustment left.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth bow - sight issue, no adjustment left.

Setting up a new bow for my young boy.

20" draw dialed all the way down (maybe 15-20lbs)

I have the arrow passing thru the middle of the rest bolt hole, and rest and nock tuned so that it makes a clean center punch on the paper test.

My goal is to setup pins at 10 and 20.

Unfortunately, with this setup, I can only get the 10 yard pin to work if I have it all the way to the bottom of the sight, I am out of adjustment... so i can not get a 20 yard pin set up.

My options, as I understand them are, ....

1) raise rest
    2) lower nock
    3) raise peep
    4) get a drop bracket for sight.

IMHO, option 1 or 2 would basically put the bow out of tune, so I really need to do 3 or 4.

Am I correct? Any suggestions / recommendations?

Start with 3. It is a matter of changing his anchor point to accommodate the higher peep.
    This should fix the issue.

Comment

You could raise rest and nock point which will give a higher impact, while keeping bow in tune, but usually when you run out of vertical adjustment, the peep is the cause.
      Reasons for a low peep: usually too long on DL, and/or too high of an anchor point.

Comment

im chasing a sight with my boys bow as well. Flipped it over to get it lower, he's shooting at 15 yards, 22 pounds, but I will be turning it up often, so for right now , trying to get good groups so we can figure out his sight picture. Does he shoot a group???

Comment

What old killer and Rocky said, move the peep up, lower the anchor point make sure the draw length is correct.

You could add a dropper to the sight as well; that is, if everything is set right and you don't want to move the peep up.

Comment

Thanks all...

After another afternoon of tweaking, I ended up moving the peep up as far as comfortable and then got the remainder by moving the nock down some.

The bow is a bit out of tune, but I am sure once he gets strong enough to crank up the poundage it will be able to be fixed.

It was pretty funny to see him shooting 20 yards... arrow looked like a lob softball pitcher.

Comment

Working...
            X