No announcement yet.

What Cordless Power Tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Dewalt 18v drill & sawzall combo and they are good but recently I have added ryobi 24v drill, impact driver, skill saw, 18v blower, weedeater, edger and a 40v lawnmower...they are great. For my small subdivision yard, that 40v mower is AWESOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
      Have had several friends, and a few of our techs that had all rigid tools, all registered. The times they sent batteries back they didn't replace them only rebuilt them and had a service charge cause they always found it to be "operator error" and not a defect of the battery itself.
      Not to mention they are like carrying an anchor around

Comment

I've had the same 18 volt Roybi set for 12 years and it all still works, just new batteries. I have had 18 volt Dewalt about 10 years with no issues just batteries. I think if I was to buy new now I would look at the Millwaukee.

Comment

My whole Dewalt set spent several days under water during Harvey and I was using them last weekend to build deer blinds. The whole set still works.
          Last edited by breederbuck33; 05-31-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I've been doing some research and reading and watching reviews lately and have experience with dewalt, craftsman, Milwaukee and harbor freight Bauer brand.. highly recommend a youtube channel called AVE.. he's dam Canadian but absolutely hilarious and takes apart the tools and discusses the guts and electronics of each what are the well made components and the cheapskate crap inside some.. anything from snapon, Milwaukee dewalt makita and so on.. all combined from what ive learned and experience heres my take with pricing as a consideration too..
            Pro level high dollar
            Hilti
            Snap On
            Milwaukee
            Makita
            Dewalt
            Bosch

Do it yourselfer heavy work
            Milwaukee
            Makita
            Dewalt
            Some of the Rigid products

Do it yourselfer Med/ light work
            Milwaukee
            Makita
            Dewalt
            Rigid
            Ryobi
            Harbor Freight

Apartment Living Hobbiest
            Dewalt
            Rigid
            Ryobi
            Harbor Freight
            Black & Decker

This is not the end all of course.. i have a craftsmen 20v and that thing has been awesome for med/light work for about 6-7 years now (remember when sears was a thing!).. some ryobi might last for years.. some snap on/hilti/Milwaukee is absolutely the best of the best but can you justify the cost or do you get a dewalt at 2/3 the price and it works and last for several years

The dang Hazard Freight Bauer 1/2 impact will zip off lug nuts with 1 or 2 uggas and done

Some very good advice above as well based on experience and thats hard to beat!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been using Rigid for years now and has had no problems with the warranty aspect of it, I mail them in and they send me new batteries back. Just have to remember to reregister the batteries when you get them back.

Comment

Originally posted by Twipper333 View Post
                Ridgid all the way!
                Another here for Ridgid!

Comment

I'm gonna take a wild guess here that none of these products batteries will interchange?

Comment

milwaukee for the win: brushless motors and lithium batteries.

Comment

I have had Ryobi for well over 15 years and just switched to Dewalt. Night and day, Dewalt is the way to go in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                        I'm gonna take a wild guess here that none of these products batteries will interchange?
                        Only brand to brand I.e Ryobi to ryobi 20v to 20v or 18v to 18v

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                          No, they will not. I think a lot of the 20V battery cases are VERY similar and may fit into another tool, but they will not power it. I thought the same thing and was going to buy a Bauer 20V fan and use my Dewalt batteries in it. Nope. YouTube link

Comment

Milwaukee Fuel. Buy once, cry once but done purchasing after that. Awesome drills.

Comment

Ryobi batteries are complete junk. Knowing what I have experienced there is no way I could recommend their tools. Be sure and keep all receipts on anything labeled Ryobi.

Comment

What Cordless Power Tool?

I really like my Milwaukee tools . Got 1/2 impact , hammer drill , 2 drivers a regular drill , saw all, circular saw , 4in grinder and a compound miter saw . All 18v and a few 12v tools .
                                Last edited by Strummer; 05-31-2019, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X