New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    Good Lord am I sore from getting on the elliptical and doing walking lunges. I stopped hitting it hard about 1.5-2 weeks before the knee surgery. Man it doesnt take long to lose it. I should get past the soreness sometime next week I suppose. Today was the best day back in the gym in a long time.
    You'll get it back fast. Keep on trucking!!!!!

Comment

DB single leg squats with rotation.
      Step up thrusts.
      DB swings.
      Physioball hamstring curls.
      Canoes.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting back to a near normal routine for me. 10 minute warm up on the elliptical, 7 minutes of stretching my legs, then back exercises, 27.5 minutes of cardio on the elliptical and then 12 minutes of stretching my legs in the dry sauna. The cardio was the most time Ive been able to go since the surgery. Sunday is going to be mostly if not all cardio so Im hoping to stretch that out past 30 minutes if not 40.

Comment

Glad you're back at rtp!
          Pull-ups.
          DB renegade rows.
          Fielders curls.
          Standing tubing curls.
          Starfish crunches.

Comment

I have not checked in but have stayed after it. Went and got displacement test and happy with results. Was 20% bf in May and weighed 249#. weight only down to 244# and came in at 16.4%. Think I'm going to just try to keep everything there as I'm not young anymore and not sure how healthy dropping below that is for a 50 year old frame.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              I have not checked in but have stayed after it. Went and got displacement test and happy with results. Was 20% bf in May and weighed 249#. weight only down to 244# and came in at 16.4%. Think I'm going to just try to keep everything there as I'm not young anymore and not sure how healthy dropping below that is for a 50 year old frame.
              Well done sir....I wish I could post numbers like that. I can get my BF in that range but not even close to that kind of mass.

Comment

Still doing p90. Started trying to run a mile. Right now I run the corners and walk the straights on the track. Hope to do a solid mile in a month.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thinking about doing DDPY on my nonlifting days. Has anyone looked in to this?

Comment

warmup, stretching, quite a few leg exercises, biceps and triceps, then more stretching. Tomorrow is as much cardio as my knee can tolerate. Looking forward to seeing how long I can go since I will not have worked my legs prior.

Comment

57 minutes of chest triceps. Spent

Comment

43 minutes elliptical, abs, 25 minutes brisk walk on treadmill then stretching in the dry sauna. Im beat.

Comment

Got on the scales today and gained 9 pounds from last week. No diet change. What causes that? I started running last week was the only change I made.

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                            Got on the scales today and gained 9 pounds from last week. No diet change. What causes that? I started running last week was the only change I made.

I would suspect it's water/fluid intake has increased since you started running.

Chest and biceps today. 3 warmup sets and three working sets. Supersets with weight on the heavier side of moderate for 10-12 reps.

Seated wide grip press/barbell curl
                            Incline chest press/preacher curl
                            Incline chest fly/standing dumbbell curl
                            Pushups/incline dumbbell curl

There's always that ONE guy in the gym. Camped out doing deadlifts, overweight, dropping the bar from waist height. Cracks me up to watch him. Wearing tights, knee wraps, hood rat shoes and acts like Mark "The Bird" Fidrich used to do on the mound for the Rangers. He's got a bottle of something he takes a big whiff of and throws on the gym floor before busting loose with another set.

He's got everyone's attention.

Comment

Burpee push-up pyramid.
                              Tubing rotational chest press.
                              Plate squeeze stances.
                              Tubing woodchopper pushdowns.
                              Tubing external rotation.
                              Hanging leg raises.
                              Hanging windshield wipers.

Comment

A bunch of quad exercises, chest, abs and some cardio. After 9 days straight, Im giving myself off tomorrow and possibly Wednesday. We'll see how I feel Wednesday morning when I get up.

Comment

Working...
                                X