Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suffering just like our pioneer ancestors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    Man, how old are.you guys. We didnt have ac til I was 15 and then only in the living room and no ac in schools either.
    Testify ! Not only that, we didn't have a bathroom until I was about eight. Still got splinters in my .........uh, hams !

I didn't have an air conditioner until I was in my early thirties. Ain't been without since though !

Comment

We had a similar incident last July. A/C quit while we were in Destin, FL. I called the company that put the system in and had a friend run by to let them in. $350ish or so later and we were supposedly good to go. We get home Sat. night and the house is in the high 80's with the A/C running non stop. Couldn't get the A/C company to answer or return a call until Monday afternoon. After that it was one excuse after another. Finally got another guy out on Tuesday and he found the leak in the furnace. Apparently we bought one of the first year furnaces after everything was changed over to the new Freon. The new guy, who was very honest and prompt, had to install a new furnace to the tune of $1300 or so on that Wednesday since the installing company didn't file the warranty paperwork and we were literally out of warranty by a month. The original installers never would make it right or even refund my $350 for what they did while we were out of town, which didn't fix anything. Needless to say, staying in a hot house from Sat. to Wed. was zero fun. There really are some super shady contractors out there. I learned my lesson the hard way.

On a side note, I'm 41 and my Dad didn't have a house A/C until he graduated from high school and moved out of his parents house. That was in Austin, TX. in the late 60's.

Comment

Poor guy!

My freshman year at college (in Houston), our dorms were not air conditioned! They did add AC the next summer!

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
          I keep a small window unit for such occasions.
          Me too, and a generator... you haven’t lived life on the edge if you haven’t spent a couple July nights in east Texas without power or a functioning AC and a pregnant wife on your ***

Comment

Working...
          X