Acreage requirements for firearm shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
    Yes I would. OP was asked "is he shooting into something to stop the bullets?" OP answered "NO". So according to the facts given the potential for a ricochet is possible and a bullet can cover much more ground than 8 acres, even a ricochet.
    According to the OP, this is a regular occurrence as his neighbor shoots a "variety of weapons for several hours". I feel like if he was having an issue with ricochets he would have led off with that versus the amount of time the neighbor has been shooting today.

Comment

I called the sheriff, didn’t report them or give my address, and asked him about an acreage requirement. There are none in Hardin county. Still shooting, over 4 hours straight, 3 guys.The parcels here are all roughly the same size and rectangular shaped like the quote box. Last year I was hauling limbs to the back of my property and the shooting started. I could hear bullets whistling through the trees fairly close. He has no back stop. I talked to him politely that day. We’ve been there 10 years and nobody shoots over 5-6 rounds ever. Frustrating because of possible ricochete, the noise is bad, and I should have bought that **** lot before he moved in. Need to do yard work but not with all that going on. Might go get a set of overalls and bubba teeth and join them...

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
        No. Through a paper target
        Look in the parks and wildlife code. If the projectile crosses any property line, its a class c misdemeanor unless he has an agreement with the other landowner.

Also relevant if projectile crosses a public road.

If he gets some sort of backstop that prevents projectile from crossing property line, you're likely just going to have to deal with it.

Comment

I’ll be the bad guy and say it... never mind, it’s not important

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
            If the bullets are leaving his property, I believe that is against the law.
            I would be calling the sheriff.
            Yeah, unlawful for bullets to cross property lines.

Comment

My sister and brother-in-law in Georgetown, or actually outside of Georgetown, have the same kind of neighbor.

Comment

Break out the Cannon and they're gonna leave feeling inadequate. Lol.
                Just kidding!

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                  My sister and brother-in-law in Georgetown, or actually outside of Georgetown, have the same kind of neighbor.

One that spent money to be able to own and enjoy themselves on their own land?

Comment

How big of a boy is he?

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                      How big of a boy is he?

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                        No, the kind that has no common courtesy.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post

There's also such a thing as respecting other people......
                          I have a feeling you might not get that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have people coming from Houston doing the same thing. I'm at the end of being nice. Two or three hundred rounds would be okay but all day 2000 rounds not so much

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                              There's also such a thing as respecting other people......
                              I have a feeling you might not get that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              So what is your definition of respecting other people when it comes to shooting weapons on your own land in a safe manner?

Not on the weekend? During the week? Not over 200 rounds? I did state in a safe manner.

Comment

My parents have lived outside the city limits on a two acre tract with a pond and dirt mound for almost 30 years now and I grew up shooting on that place everything from B.B. guns to checking our deer rifles. A couple years ago some clown moves in next door and starts complaining anytime we shoot. Sorry but we are not gonna stop completely just because you don’t like it. Now granted it doesn’t go on for hours at a time but his unwillingness to understand that it is our right is flat out irritating. And no it isn’t illegal unless a county has an ordinance specifically stating it is. My situation is a bit different than the OP but it struck a nerve.

OP your only option is to check for unreasonable noise ordinances or something like that due to it lasting a few hours at a time and yes that is a bit overkill.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                                X