Which Rifle should I buy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Rifle should I buy.

Ok so I’m trying to decide what to buy. All are 6.5cm and will be a pack around huntin rifle. I’m not a bench shooter or really have no need to but may do it for fun. Want to be able to shoot out 5-600yards when/if I have to.

Browning Hells Canyon (not the new version bench gun)
    Bergara B-14 HMR
    Or Remmy 700 5-R Gen II.

I like longer barreled guns but the feel of the Bergara is great to me too.

Thoughts or other suggestions please.

No experience, but have heard good things about the Bergara's. Will most likely be my next rifle.

Comment

Look at the Ruger American Predator. Lightweight, well balanced, good trigger, very accurate and you don't have to baby it as it is reasonably priced. I would stay away from the Remingtons at this time.
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

Don’t you need a 26” barrel to get the most out of a 6.5? Don’t own one or know anyone that does but IMHO that would take the bergara out unless it comes with full length barrel

Comment

Bergara is a lot of gun for the money.

I wouldn't touch a Remington.

Comment

Why all the hate for the Remington’s right now? Bergara makes a heck of a rifle, and Brownings reputation is well established, but my 2014 700 in .308WIN, redressed from the ground up with a Vortex Viper PST gets me under 1/2MOA. Shot out to 500.

Comment

Bergara is a good value.

Every Browning Rifle I have had has shot one hole groups.

Remington is my least favorite of the 3. At least these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                Look at the Ruger American Predator. Lightweight, well balanced, good trigger, very accurate and you don't have to baby it as it is reasonably priced. I would stay away from the Remingtons at this time.
                Adios,
                Gary
                I just sold a Ruger American in 6.5cm. I agree they are good guns but not what I want. I don't care for the cheap stocks they have on them. I have heard so many mixed opinions on Remingtons that I m scared to even think about but this Gen 2 5-R is supposed to be very good.

Comment

I just bought a Browning X-Bolt except the Medallion Version in .30-06. It is super accurate with factory Remington and Winchester Ammo. (3/4 MOA) I haven't shot it a lot, but it will definitely become my primary hunting rifle this fall.

Comment

I own a Savage 270
                    20 years now
                    have shot many deer and hogs

Comment

I have two hells canyon long range rifles, not the lines with the McMillan stock just has a little bit heavier barrel profile than the speed model...both are far better shooters than I am and they are really set up to be take anywhere rifles. Don’t have the 6.5 yet!!

Comment

I wish Bergera made their mountain rifle in lefty.

Comment

Bergara

Comment

I’d get the x bolt if it was me. Trigger is fantastic on those guns, well engineered stock, already cerakoted and threaded. All are fine guns, just my choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Browning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X