"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HuttoHunter View Post
    Dirtymike - that is a sweet paintjob on that bow. Is that how it comes from the factory or did you have it done custom?

I've been reading the boards for a couple of weeks, may as well introduce myself. I've just taken up archery/bowhunting. Never hunted hogs, as a kid we'd drive around in my granddad's pickup and shoot deer on our ranch. That was over 25 years ago, so Im pretty much starting from scratch.

You may start seeing a blue dodge ram at some of the sites, that'll be me. Hope to meet ya'll in person.
    I wish it was mine, That Jkrouskiiisekruses bow. How ever you spell it... welcome to Granger.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
      That's just my color. I love it.
      Orange you glad its finally here
      Jim will you be protecting your baby from the harsh environment of granger or will she be the next hog killin machine? Ahhh I remember the days when you were shooting that CB.....glad you made the conversion bud.

Comment

Dirtymike - that is a sweet paintjob on that bow. Is that how it comes from the factory or did you have it done custom?

I've been reading the boards for a couple of weeks, may as well introduce myself. I've just taken up archery/bowhunting. Never hunted hogs, as a kid we'd drive around in my granddad's pickup and shoot deer on our ranch. That was over 25 years ago, so Im pretty much starting from scratch.

You may start seeing a blue dodge ram at some of the sites, that'll be me. Hope to meet ya'll in person.
        Welcome to the Granger hog hunting brotherhood! Come to GRXH next hear for the full initiation!

Comment

The bow is an Obsession Evolution, and they come in lots of cool paint jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
            Jim will you be protecting your baby from the harsh environment of granger or will she be the next hog killin machine? Ahhh I remember the days when you were shooting that CB.....glad you made the conversion bud.
            Nope, she will be a killer. Wanted the extra 20 FPS for the hogs. Glad I converted too.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
              Nope, she will be a killer. Wanted the extra 20 FPS for the hogs. Glad I converted too.
              Awesome. We need to get together and shoot sometime

Comment

Hey Guy, I'm new to the site. I just moved back to the Hutto area from Cali. I am from here but I spent the last eight years stationed out there in the Navy. I just got into bow hunting last year out in cali and did a little turkey hunting. I have hunted deer and coyotes when I was growing up on my grandparents land, just rifle though. I'm looking to learn more about Granger lake and would like to get out there soon, once I pick up my public land hunting permit. Already got my hunting and fishing combo. Would anybody be interested in showing me the ropes out there at Granger and hunting hogs?
                Thanks Guys.

Comment

Originally posted by CMURPH View Post
                  Hey Guy, I'm new to the site. I just moved back to the Hutto area from Cali. I am from here but I spent the last eight years stationed out there in the Navy. I just got into bow hunting last year out in cali and did a little turkey hunting. I have hunted deer and coyotes when I was growing up on my grandparents land, just rifle though. I'm looking to learn more about Granger lake and would like to get out there soon, once I pick up my public land hunting permit. Already got my hunting and fishing combo. Would anybody be interested in showing me the ropes out there at Granger and hunting hogs?
                  Thanks Guys.
                  Welcome to the sight! A bunch of these guys on here are pig killing machines, Im sure somebody can help you out

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                    It's finally here after 2 months and 12 days. I'm in love with the look other than the cams, which will be going back to be coated to match the bow. Now for some accessory shopping.
                    Jim, that thing is the bomb!!!

Comment

As stated by others, welcome and there are many fellas here that hunt Granger regularly. The true Baptism is the GRXH, end of Feb annually.

Comment

Originally posted by CMURPH View Post
                        Thanks Guys.
                        Just show up and hunt. Nothing like boots on the ground to get your heart going and the pigs flying. The true baptism is GRXH.

Comment

Just got my Big River 21st Century style bow. I am in love. 65#@27' means I'm pulling @66# few more push ups needed!!!!! I'll send pics to sneaky so he can post for this Ol' Man. Seriously thinking about 22-24 May. Mini-GRXH with at least me.

Comment

Posted for ol' Woodticks :-)

Comment

Thanks Sneaky. I'll save a back strap for you. The Bird's Eye maple laminations don't really pop out but they are sweet looking. The Zircote riser with the red strip is sharp. Have to find out what wood that is. Elk horn tips and skinny fast flight string. Hope to take it to Camp Bullis Sunday for hogs/ exotics.

Comment

Red and white stripe in riser is maple. Test drive tomorrow, I'm pumped.

Comment

Working...
                                X