4 thumbs up for Big Oak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 thumbs up for Big Oak

I know most everyone saw my live hunt thread this past weekend, and y'all probably followed along for the youth hunt as well in December, but I wanted to post up some info for anyone considering a trip to Big Oak.

I've been to Big Oak twice now. First was on the youth hunt in December, which my son had the fortunate opportunity to make his first bow kill. Instant lifetime memory, all due to the generosity of Marty and his wife. The ranch and facilities were much nicer than I'd expected, even after reading all the reviews, and I had to come back and hunt for myself. I was impressed by not just how nice the cabin is, but the blind setups and quality of the animals. I figured I'd have to wait until next fall with it booking up so fast, so I didn't hesitate when an unexpected open weekend came up. I was surprised to find that I'd be the only hunter for the weekend, but the hospitality and work Marty, Lisa, and Whitney put into my hunt was first rate. They moved me to different stands and helped plan the best opportunity to be successful. As others have said, the food is good!, and if you read my live hunt thread, we had some fun too! The entire hunt is first class, the blinds, animals, hospitality, all of it can't be beat. Marty and Lisa are great folks to get to know, and both my son and I have nothing but positive to say. You will not be disappointed, just read all the reviews. Definitely planning a return trip this year!

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats to both of you. That looks like a nice place to go in the off season.

Comment

Heck yeah!!!

Comment

Fun times!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Looks like a great time, congratulations.

Comment

Nice Sika and Pig! Glad you got to go back. Timmy and I talk about getting back out there at some point but with work, wrestling, and finding the time we will just hope and dream for now

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Great write up!! Congrats again!

Comment

Yep. Quality people there. Pretty good dog too.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X