No announcement yet.

axis quest...week one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MC, it's a gift.....and a curse. LOL First week and there are several that I think I'm set to be in their kitchn. One is upper 30's in beam with a BIG bow. I have the time to spend and the place to spend it. If it had been a day hunt or guided hunt, I'd have probably let the air out. I'd mount him in a heartbeat, but I've never done the bird in the hand thing. It's a gift....and a curse.

Comment

Go get 'em Doc! Looks very promising(Except the Hog Part )

Comment

From Joey and Clint, I've learned that they really like alfalfa. I had planned on taking a couple bales, but I didn't go until Saturday morning. didn't think of the feedstores being closed at noon. The alfalfa should help with the hogs. They will clean up the corn, but if I'm correct, won't eat the alfalfa. We'll have a couple bales with us this week. I never dreamed there would be that many hogs. Target rich environment. KAP.

Comment

Hang in there John, he looks like a good one. I'm sure you will see some bigger bucks, they are in there just gotta find him

Comment

Thanks, Low Tec. You are right. They are there. I think I've got a couple already located. We'll see this week. It would have been a lot harder to pass this one if I hadn't seen what's there and what potential there is in such a short time. They are really coming out of velvet big time. Should see more scrapes and rubs, more roaring, and more bucks with doe herds and fewer big bachelor groups. LOVE the place.

Comment

TD you are killin' me......You have unbelievable restraint.....of course I am still looking for axis #1.

Great deer and good luck.

Comment

Good Luck TD!

Comment

John, good luck!

But if that doesn't work out you might think about trying to find a place between Corpus and Amarillo. I heard there were some nice axis in that area.

Comment

LOL, we're not that far from that area.

Comment

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Comment

Restraint is an understatement. Once I got over the shakes, I would have let one fly on that one. Keep us posted.

Comment

Great write up and pictures as always Doc. Good luck on your quest.

Comment

Best to ya Doc! You'll do well

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
                              You had a preview at Bownanza.
                              you bringing kiwi again

Comment

Good luck John! Hold out for something 36" or better with big brows and cottles. They are there.

Comment

Working...
                                X