• Show
Clear All

awesome gesture

Comment

Help Me - for my son

Originally posted by harv418 View Post
      Bill,
      Can you give me some more information?

I am not Bill, but can help a little. The shoot is at Camp Takula, which is a youth camp just a couple miles from Chester, Tx.

The address is: 1809 FM 2097 Chester, Tx

You should be able to get here by putting that address I. A GPS. Chester is not very big, if you can get there, you can see the signs directing you to the shoot.

The shoot is Sat and Sun May 19&20. It is an all traditional shoot for longbows, recurves, and primitive bows.

This is one of the top shoots in the state of Texas, and is a blast for Trad shooters of all skill levels!

I hope that helps you out some!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Bisch; 05-16-2018, 04:36 PM.

Comment

thanks Bisch.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I will have to find a host for the pictures, but:

I got home last night around 6:00, knowing my son had been home since 4. There is a triangular package leaning on the front door. I grabbed it and walked it. He is sitting on the couch totally unaware I came in.

I told him... Hey... think you might want to open this. His look was pure confusion. He said "Does this say Idaho?" So I had to look.. It said Llano... (yes I shoke my head).

He opened the box and found a beautiful Cabela's Warden Recurve in there. We put it together and Strung it. His only words now where when can I shoot it? I don't think his grin has gone away.

I grabbed some of my arrows from my compound, dug out my old bow box and grabbed a glove for him, He hurried upstairs to grab his arm guard, and out the back door we went.

I think he shot it 10 time from 10 yards before he hit my block, but his last 4 arrows (of 40) were all 4 in the block, and close enough for me to tell him.. keep that up and I'll let you shoot any hog you want.

Ken, I know we text last night, and He shared his thoughts with you. I cannot express enough how appreciative I am for you, and He is truly excited. When his mom got home, he rushed to show her this thing, told her to story.

You are one to the TBH best in my mind bud. Thank you again.. Picts as soon as I can host them.

Comment

From start to now

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

AWESOME!!! Congrats to your son, and tell him to keep at it! And once again, good going Ken! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

That’s just awesome!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

Bisch... I am amazed by this kid... He has instinctive down... I'm a dial it in sort, and He just grabs the bow and within 20 shots is nailing the target at 10. He stuck 4 of 4 in at 15 to end the session...

Ya'll are gonna have to teach him vicariously though here... lord knows dad cant do it anymore... I have no sights to adjust, or rest to dial in... I can adjust a knock point, and That's it.

Also, Does anyone have a source for a forearm guard or gauntlet style that I can get him? I cant find my old one.

Comment

I’m glad he likes it. Those pics made my day! Thanks for the kind words. I hope to see him with an animal on the harvest thread sometime! The best part is that there’s another trad archer out there now!

Comment

Originally posted by harv418 View Post
                        Also, Does anyone have a source for a forearm guard or gauntlet style that I can get him? I cant find my old one.
                        tradtionsleathercraft.com

Comment

He has the bug for sure. I got home last night with the lil ones.. honked the horn.. waited, waited... Here he comes with arm guard, quiver, and glove still on ... He'd been out back shooting...

Now he wants to take it with us to go visit the folks this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                          X