1/2 "cordless impact.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
    I bought a impact at (yeah, I know) harbor freight. It plugs in cigarette lighter and has all the sockets for taking off lug nuts. Used it several times to change tires on 7' tandem disc and 16 foot trailer with trailer house axles. For around 30.00, it's quite handy.
    Man that sounds outstanding. But I would hate to be on the shoulder of I 35 at midnight with a trailer full of cattle with all my hope wrapped up in a harbor freight impact...lol

Comment

I have the craftsman 20v and it is does a great job.

Comment

I've owned alot. From Matco to Snap-On all the way to the lower brands. I absolutely cannot stand to use one of dewalts 1/2 impacts. They don't have a variable speed trigger, so it's wide open or nothing. The strongest I've ever used and the only one that is still kicking butt is the Matco, and I'll venture to say it is 6 years old or more, and most of it's life was getting used daily to make myself money. Its retired now and only gets used (heavily) around the house, but it has never been sent in like my snap on has been for repairs (3 times).

Comment

Buy the Milwaukee fuel. You will thank me later!

Comment

Have the Dewalt and its changed several tractor tires. Battery Life seems ok

Comment

Professional mechanics use the monster green Snap-on impacts. 600ft/lb that can twist a lug nut stud off. They ain't cheap but if you make a living with your tools it might be worth it. 18 V 1/2" Drive Cordless Monster Lithium Impact Wrench https://store.snapon.com/Cordless-Im...h-P855043.aspx
              One of my lease partners is a snap-on dealer. Won't even give me a discount

Comment

We use Milwaukee 18 and 24 v impacts they are pretty good. Not as much torque as pneumatic ones though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I work at a 16 bay trailer repair shop.
                  I'm the yard driver.
                  The most popular, that I know of,
                  3 guys (mobile)use the 1/2" x 3/8" snap on.

1 mobile guy 1/2" Ryobi

1 mobile guy rigid 3/8" drill and 1/4" impact

1 shop guy uses Milwaukee

1 used to use Makita. Not sure he doesn't anymore....

Comment

I have the dewalt 20. It will break what you want to. Good tool.

Comment

I have the Milwaukee 18v impact. I bought just the bare tool because I already had a drill and impact driver with the 18v system. I will say that it didn't have quite enough gut to it UNTIL I caught the Milwaukee 18V miter saw on sale at Home Depot. The saw came with 2 of the high output batteries.

The impact works great running on those. Definitely recommend it if you already have red tools.

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
                        Word on the street is Milwaukee just came out with a 3/4 impact that will do like 1300 ft/lbs. I don't care who you are that's a lot for a cordless!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                        We have one at work and it's a bad son of a gun... used it to tighten a 16" flange the other day, no problem. Checked with a wrench and could t hardly tighten it any more.

Comment

I have Milwaukee fuels I think the new 1/2" will do 1100 reverse and 750 tightening.

There's days I still have to get out the 1600ft 3/4 though.

Comment

Id look at the Rigid tools options. Of memory serves LIFETIME NO QUESTIONS ASK WARRANY. And yes it counts for batteties too

I sold the milwalkee ones, they are solid too

Comment

Anyone have the porter cable one ?

Comment

Had a AAA roadside service contractor come change a tire for me last fall and he was using Milwaukee cordless impacts.

Comment

Working...
                                X