Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
    A good way to get diabetes from what I hear too.

I have lost 27 lbs in 11 weeks on my diet of steak, potatoes, cereal, bread, fruit, etc.

It is called eating less, moderate exercise, and... nope thats it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Actually complete opposite. I was type 2 and now do not take medicine. My diet controls it. Same with 2 sisters

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
      Actually complete opposite. I was type 2 and now do not take medicine. My diet controls it. Same with 2 sisters

That is freaking amazing. Strong work!!!

On youtube, there is a channel called Headbangers Kitchen. He is a guy in India and has some awesome recipes. I routinely eat the keto chocolate mug cake.

Comment

Another good YouTube source for info on Keto is Zac Griffith. He is also a hunter/fitness guy.

FYI, chicken wings are Keto as long as you get them naked (no breading) and pay attention to which sauce you get them tossed in. I prefer wing stops Louisana rub.

Comment

Originally posted by TxTechBowhunter View Post
          Another good YouTube source for info on Keto is Zac Griffith. He is also a hunter/fitness guy.

FYI, chicken wings are Keto as long as you get them naked (no breading) and pay attention to which sauce you get them tossed in. I prefer wing stops Louisana rub.
          I'll have to check him out. Thanks

Also very calorie dense as well. Btw, Bdubs Spicy Garlic has 2 grams of carbs per serving.

Comment

Originally posted by TxTechBowhunter View Post

Their Cajun is good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Target-panic View Post
              Fiancé and I started just after New Years with the 28 day meal plans from Ruled.me webpage. She has lost 18 lbs and shortened her 5k time and I have lost 30 lbs and short the time it takes to walk 3-4 miles we try to get our track time 2-3 times a week. Easiest way I have ever found to lose weight eating great food. We use more seasoning than I ever knew existed. Bulletproof coffee is my mainstay breakfast every day now.

So all you eat is coffee for breakfast? And yall will go to a track 2-3 days a week for the next 15-20 years?

Not to be Debbie downer, but this will be hard to do for a lifetime and after your body is in starvation mode you need more for breakfast. Most important meal of the day

Comment

When you check out these YouTube videos make sure to read the comments section. The vegan backlash is usually pretty epic.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  So all you eat is coffee for breakfast? And yall will go to a track 2-3 days a week for the next 15-20 years?

I don't drink it, but it has fat added via butter, cream, and sometimes coconut oil. It gives a good calorie and energy boost.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                    If only I could drink coffee....
                    Can't stand the bitterness.

I do coconut oil, butter, vanilla extract, heavy cream and stevia. It's not bitter at all and its pretty tastey. I drink it about 0700 and I'm ready for a meal by 0930-1000. Now that I'm behind a desk and off the streets I find it tuff to get motivated. I may ask for a transfer just so I can get back to moving more!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

Not to be Debbie downer, but this will be hard to do for a lifetime and after your body is in starvation mode you need more for breakfast. Most important meal of the day
                      Do you have any science to back up the breakfast is the most important meal of the day idea or are you just repeating what you have always been told? A lot of research is starting to show this is not actually the case.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                        When you check out these YouTube videos make sure to read the comments section. The vegan backlash is usually pretty epic.
                        Truth and it's hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                          I do coconut oil, butter, vanilla extract, heavy cream and stevia. It's not bitter at all and its pretty tastey. I drink it about 0700 and I'm ready for a meal by 0930-1000. Now that I'm behind a desk and off the streets I find it tuff to get motivated. I may ask for a transfer just so I can get back to moving more!
                          I use coconut oil, butter and sometime SF vanilla or hazelnut flavoring. Not bitter at all. And techically, keto coffee/bullet proof coffee is a meal in and of itself. Very nutrient dense.

Coffee during my work shift is only with heavy whipping cream.

Comment

Been on and off them for many years, always feel great good smooth consistent energy throughout the day. Biggest problem people have is little cheats here and there, don't account for stupid things like ketchup on a burger patty, etc... You can't have ANY of that, you get enough residual carbs just with green veggies and any more on top you'll just feel like poo all the time. If you need sweetener, get the liquid sucralose or liquid stevia, anything in the packets that says 0 carbs can be up to 1 carb... you see maltodextrin and stuff like that as an ingredient then throw it back on the shelf.

If I'm in a hurry I'll combine it with intermittent fasting.
                            Last edited by justletmein; 03-20-2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                              A good way to get diabetes from what I hear too.

I have lost 27 lbs in 11 weeks on my diet of steak, potatoes, cereal, bread, fruit, etc.

It is called eating less, moderate exercise, and... nope thats it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
                              LOL no, just no. Where in the world did you hear that? Diabetics have great success on this diet unless they're cheating and don't do it right.

See V

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post

Comment

I have a bunch of Facebook friends raving about a product called Keto OS. It's a drink mix that claims to put your body into Ketosis within an hour, regardless what you eat. My fiancés mother tried it for a week, and said she was in a better mood and had more energy.

I Have seen some before and after pics of the FB friends I mentioned who are using the Keto OS and the results are hard to believe. I'm typically very skeptical of all the snake oil type stuff but I'm considering giving it a shot.

Prüvit Official Website. Prüvit Ketone Supplements Are Developed By Doctors and Healthcare Professionals To Put Your Body Into Ketosis in Under 30 Minutes. Shop For Ketones or Become a Prüvit Promoter Today!

Comment

Working...
                                X