No announcement yet.

My experience with the post office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some fine people working in our governments free money system... just incredible high quality works for government... I mean wouldn't you want to work in a job that performance doesn't matter and they are scared to fire you because you might scream mistreatment...

Comment

The last time I changed my address they told me the house I lived in for 8 yrs want a residence. I had to go to the post office and prove it was a real resident, this was in Kyle,tx.

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
        If you mail a letter to someone in Taylor, Tx thru the Taylor,tx post Office it goes to Waco then back to Taylor.
        Not anymore, it has been going to Austin for at least a couple years. And it only goes through Austin if you don't drop it in the box for local mail. At least that's how it is in Thrall but then again, we could be more civilized than you Taylor folks. [emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by LemmeOut View Post
          Not anymore, it has been going to Austin for at least a couple years. And it only goes through Austin if you don't drop it in the box for local mail. At least that's how it is in Thrall but then again, we could be more civilized than you Taylor folks. [emoji3]
          I bet no one was laid off in Waco post office, with being there was less mail to sort. I say they need to send it to Coupland.
          Last edited by Ungawa; 01-02-2016, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
            I bet no one was laid off in Waco post office, with being there was less mail to sort. I say they need to send it to Coupland.
            I can put two letters in my mailbox (that is a Taylor address) with one going to Coupland and one going to Austin and the Austin one will arrive at it's destination days before the Coupland one.

I know Hutto mail has gone through Austin for a long time because my Dad had me drive certain letters to Hutto to be mailed to they would go straight to the Austin sorting facility.

Comment

We moved to leander almost 3 years ago. Most horrible issue with mail. Just so happened that the people that were renting the house we bought had the same last name, so guess where my mail went for 2 months. While we fought the post office, i found out that the neighbors knew the family and they moved just a few blocks away. Had to visit them weekly to do mail exchanges.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Man,this is probably not as funny to you as it is to me reading it.
                I recently moved from south of Kempner Tx to north of Kempner Tx and had no trouble getting my mail. Flower Mound is much larger and maybe thats the problem but I'm with you, same post office why cant someone simply walk back there and grab the freakin mail. But I suspect it has something to do with them being Gov. employees.
                Not that all Gov. employees are bad or inept but it sure seems like more than a few are in places like the post office and the DMV.

Side note, I recieved a warrant for my arrest a few years ago. Didn't pay a speeding ticket...but I did send the check to the county...by mail...put it in the large mail box outside the post office which is 3-4 blocks from the sheriffs office ( both of which were packed full of people being the reason I decided to drop it in the box) They said, no tellin where that check is Mr. Wiseman
                Watch out... PC police are waiting to pounce. Didn't you know "those" government employees got the job because they were the most qualified? Has nothing to do with AA, filling quotas for minorities etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  When I need something important like a check and i unfortunately need to deal with shaneeqwa who doesn't give two flying flips, I suck it up and be as courteous as possible to get her help. Anything she could have gone out of her way to do went out the window with the sarcastic reply's you gave.
                  I understand what you're saying but we shouldn't have to suck up to a BLR (border line re****) to get something. Bottom line is they're not held accountable for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by dabuckmaster24 View Post
                    The problem is people wait on the post office to do all the work. You are supposed to call people and let them know your new address. The post office if giving you a free service. Some of the places you do business with pay for a service , that we tell them your new address. Others never know and the forward expires after a year. Then they are still sending to your old address. Yes it does take 7-10 days sometimes to get in our sorting system. If everyone would notify everyone of their new address, you wouldn't ever have to worry about the postal services forwarding system. If you change your email who's going to notify everyone of your new email address? And on the guy who posted about the mail man delivering for a month and then not. Probably what happened you were given a address buy the builder or title company. The mail person knows where the mail goes, but your address has to be generated by 911. The postal service does not come up with the address. So if you make a emergency call through 911 they can find you because your address came directly from them. I had the same exact problem when I moved into my house.

While I agree that it's my responsibility to notify all my mailers, the notion that this is my fault is silly. Oh, and btw, it's not free. Stamps aren't free and I DID have to pay to get the forwarding service. It wasn't super expensive but I did pay for it nonetheless.
                    Also, the mail isn't in my old mailbox either, so let's not use the excuse that they don't know where it goes. They are inept to say the least. I'm a govt employee too but I do my job. There is no customer service from the federal government. Unless you don't have a job.....

Comment

Post office .gov a free service! Lol

Comment

The problem is you talked to a live person...you would have better success talking to the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          When I need something important like a check and i unfortunately need to deal with shaneeqwa who doesn't give two flying flips, I suck it up and be as courteous as possible to get her help. Anything she could have gone out of her way to do went out the window with the sarcastic reply's you gave.

She was laughing because I was obviously making the best out of a frustrating situation. There was no contention between us. I get along with women. As soon as she said "good point" she started cackling.

Comment

Tell me why a letter mailed in Seguin at the PO to another residence in Seguin has to go to San Antonio to be sent back to Seguin for delivery? Oh yeah, it's a system.

Comment

Working...
                            X