No announcement yet.

Pasture waterline project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s going to be one line, with 5 watering points.

Comment

Use 1” pvc schedule 40 don’t use the light stuff
      Do not bury deeper than 12” it makes it difficult to fix if you have a leak
      Also pressure up your line before you cover it
      Put a larger pipe over your riser and fill with sand to protect from freezing

Comment

Lots of great suggestions here and probably all from folks that know more than me. But for me, I would definitely use PVC.
        My experience: Plumbers used black pipe (poly? pex? I don't know) from my well to the house. Swimming pool contractor cut it at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon. It was almost impossible to find fittings needed to fix it so that I would have water for the weekend. If it is PVC and you have a problem - fittings/parts, etc. are easy to find anywhere.

Comment

Protect the pipe coming up or they will break them scratching.

Comment

pvc is not uv rated so make sure its covered above ground and

Comment

Thanks again everyone who took time to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
                Poly pipe is great AS long as you don't have gophers, if you have them then go with pvc.
                What I was gonna say !!! I ran 700' with 20ft sticks of 1 in pvc sched 40, they have built in female coupling on one end, very simple

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Great thread. I've been thinking of doing the same thing out at our place. If I were to use poly pipe, what brand do you guys suggest?

Comment

I wouldn’t use anything smaller than 1 1/2”. Reduce down at each faucet.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                        This for sure
                        I just put in a black poly line for my future home site.
                        Ditch witch makes trenching quick and easy.
                        Rolled pipe is easy, connectors simple with rented gadget.

Comment

Go with the "frost free" faucets, then you'll never have to worry about them freezing. I did at my other place, but at home I have to insulate the one at my shop every winter.

Comment

Agreeing with several on here. No poly. 1" pvc 20joints with belled end 1 x 3/4 tees or 1" x 1/2 for faucets. about a foot deep. when coming up for faucets, use a 1' galvanized nipple, galv. 90, and 2 or 3' galv riser

Comment

Originally posted by Saddlehorse View Post
                              Use 1” pvc schedule 40 don’t use the light stuff

Do not bury deeper than 12” it makes it difficult to fix if you have a leak

Also pressure up your line before you cover it

Put a larger pipe over your riser and fill with sand to protect from freezing

I am interested in the concept of the large pipe over the small one for a couple of areas I have. Question regarding such.... say it rains before it freezes and water gets in the mix of the sand in the larger pipe. Will this still keep the water line pipe from freezing solid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I only have to cover the faucet in freezing weather or let it drip never had it freeze up.

Comment

Working...
                                X