TRAPPING SEASON Thread 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
    Yes it is 4 coiled. Cost isn’t a issue, the massive amounts of coyotes I have is. (Can’t use a gun where I am located). If Dukes are garbage then tell me what I need. At least I know my dirt hole sets are working because they are all over them according to my cameras
    The guys here an me are having great luck with the mb550 I also like the Bridger #3 Offset fully modified.

I'm not trying to be a ***** about the duke trap I have just had some bad luck with them being weak. The traps above are proven some of these Bridger I've use for 10 years an are still holding very well

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Something else are you staking them if so how long of a chain

Comment

I will get some MB 550 traps, thanks. My cable stakes all said and done stick out of the ground about 15-18” pulse the chain the trap came with so maybe 3’ from anchor. Maybe too long and they are using it as leverage?

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
          I will get some MB 550 traps, thanks. My cable stakes all said and done stick out of the ground about 15-18” pulse the chain the trap came with so maybe 3’ from anchor. Maybe too long and they are using it as leverage?
          It maybe but I don't think so my stakes are about 18" an I bury them then I have about 15" chain then swivel then another 15" an swivel at trap. It held this female I think the chain may be shelter on this one

Comment

10/4. Can’t wait to catch my first one

Comment

One heck of a day I finally caught the old dog hahah he would pass everything I threw at him an he finally slipped up I've been after him for over a month almost 2. No mistaken his track. I caught the old female an all this year pups. Then he would leave an couple weeks come back an I would get the female this has gone on since October. Lol well he slipped up. He had brought a female back an I has her also then caught another male on the other side if the place

Comment

Sam and taters for Christmas Eve supper.....RSVP ASAP!

Just kidding! Had some critter eating the sweet feed and laid down a couple cubby sets with the conibears. Doubled the first night......
                Last edited by MASTERS; 12-19-2017, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                    Nice work.
                    Good job! Looks like a 100% catch on the sets!

Comment

Love me a good conibear
                      Nice work BK

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
                        Love me a good conibear
                        Nice work BK
                        Those are not my catches, but MASTERS'. I was just quoting his pic and congratulating him, more or less.

Comment

Do you need to reset foot traps after a big rain ? I was thinking all my sifted dirt probably turned to mud and flowed under the pan.

Comment

Snared my first kitty! Taking advantage of neighbors high fence.

Comment

Nice looking female BT. It looks like you might have caught the brain trust with that one.

Fergeris, that big male is a Boone & Crockett coyote my friend! He looks like he might make 40 pounds!

Masters, that grinner double put a smile on my face.

WBA, congrats on your first cat!

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                                Do you need to reset foot traps after a big rain ? I was thinking all my sifted dirt probably turned to mud and flowed under the pan.
                                After a big rain I usually reset. Sometimes they are fine and sometimes not. Makes me mad when I step on a muddy trap and it fires fine. Ha Ha

Comment

Working...
                                X