Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
    Good gosh! #266 already!?

That's nuts! Planning to run by on my lunch if possible today.
    dont worry your in

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
      dont worry your in
      Gonna hunt "the corner" again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
        Gonna hunt "the corner" again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
        Im gonna train someone to hire for the month of november ,,
        I may hunt all over the vine this season but Im sure I have a date or two with that tree

Comment

Woo Hoo! 2nd time over 5 years of applying.

To those that are discussing the draw odds. The odds are the same every year (assuming same number of applicants). Whether you got drawn or not the previous year has absolutely zero to do with your odds. Access to grapevine is really what got me into and hooked on bowhunting, i'm really grateful to have this opportunity again. Better luck next year to those who missed out.

Comment

There are enough guys on the green screen out there this season that we could put on a TBH Grapevine Deer drive, lol. hope everyone finds their own private honey hole and stays dry.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
              congrats Bud Its an amazing place to hunt.
              our lil group drew tags again this season (thank you Grapevine)
              I persoanlly like the system in place, it keeps the pressure down and the odds are good at around 50 percent chance of drawing!
              we have applied numbers of times in the last 5 years and not always successful but when i was i made it count! I cant wait to get out there again this year! Thanks Grapevine , keep up the good work there
              How do you figure 50%?

There is no way odds are 50% on getting drawn. I am 1 in 5 years and many others on here are worse than that. I dont get 50% from that math even when you average it off the people who get drawn year after year

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                How do you figure 50%?

There is no way odds are 50% on getting drawn. I am 1 in 5 years and many others on here are worse than that. I dont get 50% from that math even when you average it off the people who get drawn year after year
                Agreed! Heck, you could argue the odds are over 50% with the redraw in affect. Still, MANY have never been drawn.

J

Comment

I hope folks that got drawn that are new to Grapevine come across this forum and see all the folks that are bummed out that didn't get drawn.

If you were lucky enough to get drawn, you owe it to those that didn't to hunt your tail off.

I've been hunting other Corp property the past 3 years trying to find spots that even come close in comparison to Grapevine, and after all the canoe drags, 3 am kayak rides and hour long hikes, nothing comes even close in comparison.

If you got a ticket, take advantage of it. Be ready to work for it... If you want a deer, you're gonna earn it. But I can assure you it'll be worth it.

All the public land hunting areas within an hour of DFW likely won't be around in 20 years, so count yourself lucky and make every second count. You owe it to the guys that came up empty handed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The above couldn't be said any better... so.. I didn't get drawn am I bummed sure. Now for those of you who did get drawn you owe it to me for your golden ticket. I take payments in the form of fajitas and cold beer. So who's paying up? If anyone can hunt during the week and wants to blast quack shacks out there let me know. I've got a mud rug that can get pretty much anywhere. Got my waterfowl but no **** deer permit again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                      I hope folks that got drawn that are new to Grapevine come across this forum and see all the folks that are bummed out that didn't get drawn.

If you were lucky enough to get drawn, you owe it to those that didn't to hunt your tail off.

I've been hunting other Corp property the past 3 years trying to find spots that even come close in comparison to Grapevine, and after all the canoe drags, 3 am kayak rides and hour long hikes, nothing comes even close in comparison.

If you got a ticket, take advantage of it. Be ready to work for it... If you want a deer, you're gonna earn it. But I can assure you it'll be worth it.

All the public land hunting areas within an hour of DFW likely won't be around in 20 years, so count yourself lucky and make every second count. You owe it to the guys that came up empty handed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Agreed! I first put in for the vine back in 2011 and got drawn my very first year. Didn't realize what kind of bowhunters paradise it was until my buddy shot a stud of a buck out of it. I hadn't even thought about hunting it until he came out of there with a giant. Waited another 3 years to get drawn last year. I made sure I hunted it hard. Still came up empty handed, but I saw tons of game. Got very lucky and drew a tag this season as well. Luck of the draw I guess, but I'll be sure to hunt it hard cause getting a permit here; heck even having this place to hunt isn't guaranteed. Good luck to all this season! It's going to be a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                        The above couldn't be said any better... so.. I didn't get drawn am I bummed sure. Now for those of you who did get drawn you owe it to me for your golden ticket. I take payments in the form of fajitas and cold beer. So who's paying up? If anyone can hunt during the week and wants to blast quack shacks out there let me know. I've got a mud rug that can get pretty much anywhere. Got my waterfowl but no **** deer permit again.
                        The colder the better....I'm in for that!

Comment

So frustrating!

Comment

LBJ, here I come!

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                              How do you figure 50%?

If odds are 50% then I must be the unluckiest person alive. I used to hunt the vine every year. Just go pick up your permit and go hunt. Since they implemented the draw system I have never once been drawn. Didn't even bother putting in this year. I'd love to see a point system implemented, but I realize that it is highly unlikely.

Comment

Anyone that was drawn is blessed. Spent some time hunting hogs out there in the spring to try to get better acquainted with the place. Always heard it was thick. "Thick" is an understatement and I love it. The thicker the better.

I'm looking forward to getting out there and scouting the property more fully. Reading the sign, anticipating the impact of other hunters and assembling the puzzle pieces to put yourself in a position to intercept a mature animal is an awesome challenge and I look forward to starting this process shortly.

If anyone has experience there and wants to talk strategy/shop, shoot me a PM.

Congrats to all that were drawn. For everyone else there is the hope that comes with the redraw.

Comment

Working...
                                X