Lindsey Graham backs Gun Confiscation Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
    Cause we allowed politicians to do away with due process and now you have to prove that you can carry a firearm, instead of them proving that you shouldn't be able to?
    He kinda proved my point for me, didn’t he?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      He kinda proved my point for me, didn’t he?
      NO, I proved that gov. has been infringing on my rights since before i was born,only, unlike a red flag law i have no recourse.
      Go get your tin foil hat

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        NO, I proved that gov. has been infringing on my rights since before i was born,only, unlike a red flag law i have no recourse.
        Go get your tin foil hat
        Other than you have to prove your innocence in the case of the red flag laws, instead of the govt proving guilt, which is how it is supposed to work. And a CHL is the recourse in you earlier statement

Comment

Other than you have to prove your innocence in the case of the red flag laws, instead of the govt proving guilt, which is how it is supposed to work. And a CHL is the recourse in you earlier statement
          I dont want a CHL and according to the 2nd amendment I should not have to get a chl
          ( chl being the permission I referred to earlier)
          Red flag laws are not an open invitation for law to take your guns. They give ( with permission from a judge upon providing evidence from law enforcement) to remove them until it can be taken to court.
          Tin foil hats will say all I have to do is call pd and say your a nut and poof weapons gone. That's stupidity and does not happen.
          But it dont matter to me, yall can believe what you want .

Comment

I dont want a CHL and according to the 2nd amendment I should not have to get a chl

[Agree with your point, but the CHL is the recourse

Red flag laws are not an open invitation for law to take your guns. They give ( with permission from a judge upon providing evidence from law enforcement) to remove them until it can be taken to court.
            Tin foil hats will say all I have to do is call pd and say your a nut and poof weapons gone. That's stupidity and does not happen.

Actually has happened and a man was shot and killed when the police showed up to take his guns that a family member said he shouldn't have.
            Also, since when is showing a judge some info considered proven in a court of law, hell that even a grand jury.

Comment

It will be abused just like the fisa court was recently abused.

Comment

This isn’t tin foil hat as you call it. We already have “red flag” laws in the divorce court. My experience was, based on my wife’s testimony I shouldn’t have any guns, I posed a threat to her. Never mind she was the one abusing pain meds, and no history of domestic abuse. Luckily, I expected her to move her pawn and I moved my king in advance and “sold” all of my guns to a friend, so they were no longer in my possession. I was never given the chance to argue my side. Clearly there would have been no order because I would have been able to show the judge a “bill of sale”, but that’s not what happened.

All worked out for me in the end, but it could have been terrible

Comment

"Show me the man, I will show you the crime"

Comment

So let's say this passes. What will be the solution next time a mass shooting happens that wasn't prevented by Red Flag Laws?

Comment

How many of you have years of experience dealing with psychotic people on a weekly basis?
                      How many of you have had to tackle a man going for a gun on the night stand next to his bed?

Could it be that your opinions stem from never or very rarely having to deal with the individuals that these laws are meant to deal with?

Comment

How many of you have years of experience dealing with psychotic people on a weekly basis?
                        How many of you have had to tackle a man going for a gun on the night stand next to his bed?

Could it be that your opinions stem from never or very rarely having to deal with the individuals that these laws are meant to deal with?
                        Except the majority of the time its law abiding citizens that are affected. Criminals will never follow the law anyways. Red flag laws wont stop a psychotic person from getting a gun, and youll still be going in to their house to take their gun.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewIBEW View Post
                          Except the majority of the time its law abiding citizens that are affected. Criminals will never follow the law anyways. Red flag laws wont stop a psychotic person from getting a gun, and youll still be going in to their house to take their gun.
                          Has nothing to do with criminals

Comment

Has nothing to do with criminals
                            Point is you're still going to be going in to houses confiscating guns so I don't understand the argument being made. You think the law will prevent psychotic people from getting a firearm? That's not what the law is intended for. If a background check cant do that, what other law do we need?

Comment

No law has ever stopped a criminal from a criminal act, perpetrators gonna perpetrate, yo.

Laws only affect law abiding citizens, and until someone does something illegal, they are a law abiding citizen. That is part of the danger of a free society and a danger that many, myself included are willing to risk.

Could it be, that dealing with criminals everyday has jaded your viewpoint to the point that you see everyone as a criminal until they prove to you that they are not? Even to the point of stripping them of a Constitutional right, until they can prove the negative, that they have broken no laws (hmm, seems impossible right). And all for a false sense of security, sounds like some good old liberal logic.....

Comment

No law has ever stopped a criminal from a criminal act, perpetrators gonna perpetrate, yo.

Laws only affect law abiding citizens, and until someone does something illegal, they are a law abiding citizen. That is part of the danger of a free society and a danger that many, myself included are willing to risk.

Could it be, that dealing with criminals everyday has jaded your viewpoint to the point that you see everyone as a criminal until they prove to you that they are not? Even to the point of stripping them of a Constitutional right, until they can prove the negative, that they have broken no laws (hmm, seems impossible right). And all for a false sense of security, sounds like some good old liberal logic.....
                                I dont deal with criminals, I am a fireman. I know laws will not stop criminals.

Comment

Working...
                                X