Kansas Non-Resident Hunting License Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas Non-Resident Hunting License Question

I have a hunting license question for those of you that hunt private land in Kansas or those of you that have hunted private land in Kansas. Yesterday I was invited to hunt whitetail on a piece of property in Kansas that my buddy's family owns, so I started looking into non-resident licensing. So far I have found that I cannot go on this hunt because you have to apply online by the deadline of April 27th. In reading the regulations I am assuming this applies not only to public land, but private land also. Can anyone tell me if I am looking at this correctly or is there something I can do to make this opportunity happen?

Kansas is a draw state for non residents. Meaning if you didn't apply and get drawn for a particular unit, and there are no left over non resident tags for a particular unit, this year will be a no go.

Comment

I think your only chance is call KPWD and see if there any over the counter tags left if so its first come first serve have to buy them in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangefinder View Post
        I think your only chance is call KPWD and see if there any over the counter tags left if so its first come first serve have to buy them in person.
        Sometimes they will have left over tags for some units

Comment

Nope you read it correctly! !!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well that sucks!!! I assumed it would be different for privately owned land than it was for public land.

Comment

Thanks for yalls input on this. I was so excited about the invite and then my dreams were smashed when I read the regs. and yall confirmed them lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh7099 View Post
                Thanks for yalls input on this. I was so excited about the invite and then my dreams were smashed when I read the regs. and yall confirmed them lol.

You can usually by doe tags over counter but not buck tags

Comment

There are a few leftovers this year. Find out what unit it is in and you may have a ****. You will have to be ready on the computer to buy one because they be gone in a few minutes, once they go on sale

Comment

I think the left over tags were on sale last week? But, the staff at KS Wildlife HQ in Pratt have always been nice and helpful to me. Give them a call to make sure there aren't any options.

Comment

The leftover tags go on sale July 9th at 12am. There are only 247 tags left. These tags are in Unit 16,17 and 18.

Comment

Great info, thanks!

Comment

Do you know what unit? If there are left over tags in an adjoining unit, you can get the permit for that unit. You can designate one adjoining unit.

May be a work around. Man I miss going up there, but it is starting to sound like a circus

Comment

Originally posted by Phdan View Post
                            You can usually by doe tags over counter but not buck tags
                            Not without drawing a tag first

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                              Not without drawing a tag first
                              The only way to get just a doe tag are in the special doe tag in January if you don't have a buck tag

Comment

Working...
                              X