GMC 6.2L half ton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Not even close? Ok. TFL truck disagrees with you.

The 5.0 Ford runs almost neck and neck with the 6.2 so the ecoboost should spank it soundly, especially is 0-60 times are any indication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You think 0-60 times mean something when pulling a loaded trailer?
    If you have a ecoboost-line up with the 6.2 pulling the same loads and see what happens in a fair compairison,then let us know what that paper stat sheet is worth! 😜

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
      There's no replacement for displacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yes!!

Wife has a 6.2 high Country with 3.73. I've added after market exhaust and rear air Springs. It runs like a scalded ape and tows my 21 foot center console well. I like it and I'm coming from 15 years of 3/4 ton 4x4 diesels.

2 years ago we took the eco boost to Colorado. It was hooked to a 20 foot trailer with 2 Ranger 700s.

It didn't pull for crap, drank gas and rpms stayed at 2500+. Owner traded it on a power stroke 3 weeks after return.

Imo good truck for hauling groceries.

Comment

Perfect... the ecoboost stays crossed off my list...

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
          You think 0-60 times mean something when pulling a loaded trailer?

If you have a ecoboost-line up with the 6.2 pulling the same loads and see what happens in a fair compairison,then let us know what that paper stat sheet is worth! [emoji12]

Whatever. If you saw the first chart I posted you can see how the mighty 6.2 only fared slightly better than the 5.0 towing up a 7% grade for 8 miles. And the Hemi kicked all their asses.

The 6.2 is a great engine but it's not the end all.

The Ecoboost WILL tow better than the 5.0.

I am waiting to see how the more powerful 2017 Ecoboost does with the new 10 speed transmission up the Ike gauntlet. I suspect it's going to blow away all of the other 1/2 tons.

Comment

Gear ratio has just as much to do with towing ability than displacement.....

Comment

Whatever. If you saw the first chart I posted you can see how the mighty 6.2 only fared slightly better than the 5.0 towing up a 7% grade for 8 miles. And the Hemi kicked all their asses.

The 6.2 is a great engine but it's not the end all.

The Ecoboost WILL tow better than the 5.0.

I am waiting to see how the more powerful 2017 Ecoboost does with the new 10 speed transmission up the Ike gauntlet. I suspect it's going to blow away all of the other 1/2 tons.

With that 10 speed tranny it's gonna drop a gear on every bump in the road

Comment

And the Hemi kicked all their asses.
                No way a dodge made it up a hill without losing a transmission or AC vent falling out.

Comment

don't count out a 3/4 ton ram with 6.4. I have 34 inch tired on mine and still get 16 MPG highway and 14 in town.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                    No way a dodge made it up a hill without losing a transmission or AC vent falling out.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Yes!!

Wife has a 6.2 high Country with 3.73. I've added after market exhaust and rear air Springs. It runs like a scalded ape and tows my 21 foot center console well. I like it and I'm coming from 15 years of 3/4 ton 4x4 diesels.

2 years ago we took the eco boost to Colorado. It was hooked to a 20 foot trailer with 2 Ranger 700s.

It didn't pull for crap, drank gas and rpms stayed at 2500+. Owner traded it on a power stroke 3 weeks after return.

Imo good truck for hauling groceries.

Heck 2500+ rpms is great! The 6.2L has to stay between 3500-4500 rpms.

You can hate a Ford and the Ecoboost all you want but to say they won't pull is just not true.

Comment

You can hate a Ford and the Ecoboost all you want but to say they won't pull is just not true.

Everyone got an opinion. Mine is based on the fact that I drove and rode in one. Not watch a video. Not my cousins brother barber story either

It sucked in every aspect of pulling.

Comment

I don't think anyone said they wont pull. I just said that after personally owning a couple and having around 20 right now as work trucks that I don't think they will pull as good as my 6.2 up and down the highway. I don't have any fuel economy numbers as I haven't ever kept up with that. I don't purchase pickups for fuel economy I haven't seen any that were so much better than other comparable pickups that it made a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            Everyone got an opinion. Mine is based on the fact that I drove and rode in one. Not watch a video. Not my cousins brother barber story either

It sucked in every aspect of pulling.

Then he had a lemon.

There's too many stats out there showing that they will tow.

Comment

Then he had a lemon.

There's too many stats out there showing that they will tow.

The stats in this thread and my own experience are enough that if wife's 6.2 or even my Tacoma burnt to the ground tonight, the ecoturd wouldn't even cross my mind for a replacement

Comment

GMC 6.2L half ton

BTW I don't own an Ecoboost. But they were on the top of my list along with the 6.2/8speed Chevy so I did tons of research at the time. I consider myself pretty well educated on the difference between the two. Not just shooting off at the mouth.

There was so little difference in performance between the two that I had decided to get the Chevy because of the sound of the V8 vs the EB V6.

But then I bought a 12k# 5th wheel camper and I bought a Ram 2500 Cummins instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X