Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First attempt at a three shot trad group...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched part of that video myself. I don't believe he was saying that is the distance that you should practice at only. I believe what was said is that is the point blank aiming distance of most bows when shot 3-under. And actually that's going to be in a bowl in a certain range of poundage and arrow weight. The Gap aiming method doesn't mean you only shoot at that point blank range. That just helps you determine how low or how high you aim above that point when you are closer or further away. I may be wrong but for me it was tough to get my group size down at close range and now I'm working on Long rain. And that's a 8 month work of practicing almost daily.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I hear what you are saying and I kind of understood it like you that bows are going to have a certain point blank aim-point. I believe I found it on this bow; take that for what is worth as I have no experiance. I just seem to have less to worry about at that distance for some reason. I still need to gain a lot more strength and my release is not very fluid or consistent. I will work on both and plan on practicing at closer distances as I can get a more consistent release.

Comment

Well move up to ten yards, use your same anchor and release. Just aim 5 or 6 inches lower on the target.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Well it's raining so I figured I would take a few shots from porch to porch... It's 32 yds and it's the distance I normally practice with my compound bow... Well my third shot hit the foam block target about three inches below the bag and dead center... Re-shot it and it is the low left shot. I know I am not going to get a lot of benefit out of shooting this far out but it's just to dang fun to fling some arrows from this far in the rain... I have however decide to put up the bow and I am thankful no arrows were damaged in the process...
          Attached Files

Comment

Well here we are again, here is a my most recent attemp from 7 yards after not shooting for weeks. I am sure if I shoot again I will be all over the place. Going to work hard to become consistent and hopefully be able to extend the distance! Wish me luck!
            Attached Files

Comment

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                That's a great group!! Stick with it, it takes a ton of practice but the first time you watch those feather disappear through an animal you'll understand why trad hunters love it so much.
                It sure hooked me !!!!!!! It takes practice but its not practice to me its an outlet of the mundane of everyday life , and when you do something long enough it becomes apart of you just like walking you dont have to think.
                Last edited by Space Ghost; 09-20-2017, 02:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Shiloh View Post
                  Welcome to the addiction.
                  That WILL NOT be your only trad bow - trust me.

^^^^This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X