Homemade bow recurve bow weight ideas needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade bow recurve bow weight ideas needed

Ive seen the Push video guy talk about the desireability of the bow being horizontally oriented when at rest...in order to have the focus of energy towards the target. Ive seen trad longbow guys have weights made for their bolt on limbs for their take downs. However...my Lynx is a one piece with no bolt inserts. Id rather not duct tape Doinker weights to the bottom of my riser...but not completely out of the question.

What have yall made, seen, experienced not working , experienced working, amount of weight, etc...with bow weights for one piece bows?

Thanks yall.
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 05-11-2017, 08:56 AM. Reason: CompletelySpake

My bow when at rest in my hand....not gripped...rocks back to completely horizontally oriented and balances horizontally.

Comment

In for the responses...My dad keeps telling me my bow is too light and affecting stability, so i'm interested in finding out if there is any way to add mass to my one piece.

Comment

Bow weights??? Yeah... um... nope. I don't put stabilizers on my trad bows. If my bow is somehow unbalanced, I play with how much I have to heel it to keep it balanced during follow through. I like the idea of having to compensate a little for a simple setup. If compensating is too frustrating or not easily repeatable, then I'll just find a more forgiving bow for my form and shooting style.

Comment

I shoot better with a bow quiver. It don't balance it but it gives some weight to stabilize it.

Comment

Unfortunately I'm stuck with the bows I have...can't afford new ones! Tried the slide on quiver I have but I didn't like the way it pulled the bow to the right. Oh well...I keep telling myself...Robertson's doesn't make a bow that can't be shot accurately so I just need to learn how to shoot the lightweight bow...I will keep on practicing and hopefully prove my dad wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks yall.

Left to right balance is not an issue. Stabilizers on a trad bow is not a new concept or practice.

I think Ill fletching glue bond aka super glue (hopefully non damaging when removed) vs epoxy (perceptively damaging when removed) a threaded doinker weight to the bottom riser fade, then stack threaded weights accordingly to balance the bow forward to focus energy toward the target more efficiently and subsequently reduce my grip influence on the bow...so goes the theory.

Partly why I shoot and hunt with gloves (besides stalking through poison ivy, briars, fireants, chiggers, fondling hog poop, etc) is to reduce the torque I induce on my risers while shooting...which is not a new practice either. I hope to reduce my overall induced inefficiency and the bow itself be more efficient with less of my help...nevermind the string pulling, string release, etc.

I persist to imagine Im not the first person with a one piece bow without an insert embarking on this endeavor.

Comment

Rather than superglue you could wrap it on there with a strip of bike inner tube. It stretches and holds tight without ruining finish. I've seen some people attach a bow fishing reel that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigthumper View Post
                  Rather than superglue you could wrap it on there with a strip of bike inner tube. It stretches and holds tight without ruining finish. I've seen some people attach a bow fishing reel that way.
                  This!!!.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Before I put superglue on a nice bow I would purchase and install an insert for a few dollars. Superglue WILL ruin the finish in about three seconds. If you are adept at touching up finish that is not a big problem, but it is a pita to fix things like that.

Comment

Comment

http://www.3riversarchery.com/great-...t-adapter.html

Thank me later.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                          Its later. I like it.

Thanks Rick...Thanks PigThumper.

Comment

Working...
                          X