Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trad hog bowhunting ranch within 3 hrs of DFW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad hog bowhunting ranch within 3 hrs of DFW?

Hey guys,

Im originally from TX(currently living in WY) and will be coming back in the next week to two weeks. Im looking for a ranch that caters to us trad guys. Primarily looking for a target rich enviornment with maximum shot opportunities. High fence is great, non high fence with frequent traffic is great too. I use a self-bow that i built and my comfortable range is 15 yards with 20 yards being my max(i know yall get it). I struggle hunting out of blinds with a trad bow so if i could find somewhere with stands/feeders that would be great. If there are opportunites to stalk even better. Im not going for a monster, anything i take with this bow is a trophy to me. I killed 2 deer with this bow first trad hunt ever in 2015 then 2016 kicked my butt, lots of bad luck...so hopefully i can use this experience to make up for it and regain my confidence.

If yall can recommend anywhere it would be greatly appreciated. The closer to DFW the better. Btw, the one place i have already hunted multiple times is Diamond C, had great experiences just not sure it will work out this time. Thanks!

Three Fingers Bowhunting ranch in Fairfield.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

http://155.212.11.42/ Lots of Trad guys go there!

Comment

We can hook you up. Every bling on our farm is set up for trad bows
        bigoakbowhunting.com is your source for bow hunting tips, tactics, and techniques. Learn from the pros how to bag that buck with a bow!

Comment

Buff has the best set ups for traditional gear I've ever seen.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I read your post and all your requirements and in my mind I thought... Big Oak, Big Oak, Big Oak, Big Oak, and... yep, Big Oak.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anybody mentioned Big Oak yet?

Comment

If nobody has recommended it yet, I'd look at Big Oak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want "set up for trad" Big Oak Bowhunting is your place!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Can't speak for Big Oak but have been to Brushy Hill, First Point, and Lincoln Ranch. Have taken pigs at all 3 would go back to any of the 3 at the drop of a hat. I'm more of a spot and stalk guy than sit over a feeder and wait guy though.

Comment

Frankie Fowler's ranch in copperas cove Texas definitely target rich full of pigs..Frankie's charging 100$ a day for pig hunts...and big oak as everyone has mentioned great places both guys who own the ranches are trad bow hunters so they know how to set you up

Comment

Fowlers ranch, and Big Oak, I have never been to them but I know hunters that have, and I'd take their word on it ANYDAY..

Comment

Big Oak Bowhunting for sure! Great people...even the part-time guide is good when she is awake.

Comment

You guys are great! Looks like ive got some phone calls to make tomorrow-perhaps ill start with Big Oak huh. Thanks again fellas.

Comment

Fowler Ranch is a good place too!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X