Potus sotu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    And how many welfare recipients has he cut out? Not one.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
    Answer my question. Typical liberal differ. But to answer your question Trump has cut social welfare programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
      My grandfather told me years ago “ boy I have never had a poor man write me a pay check”
      I hope the family that owns the company I work for has more money they can invest in our company’s
      If trickle down economics is to work, and it can, you have to keep the work here. You have to make products here that people can afford to buy here. We haven't done a good job of that he last 3 decades.

Comment

So many people on this site are willing to call names and be jerks behind the key board. I know most of them are probably decent folk. But some are just not nice. This president is not nice. You can say drain the swamp but he's just as much a foul player as any of them. He just happens to have an ideology closer in line with the fiscally conservative people than any of the last 4 presidents.

More fiscally conservative than those who built a debt in the trillions? Yeah, who wants that.... It's not really a question, so please don't answer.
        Last edited by Dale Moser; 01-30-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          Did you know that really rich people don’t pay taxes?
          I'm not sure what "really rich" is, but if they ain't paying taxes then I want to be "really rich".

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            Did you know that really rich people don’t pay taxes?
            We've tried childish and self-serving divisiveness for the last 8-10 years, only the results of that have been far worse all the way around than anything else we've ever tried in this country.

Comment

If trickle down economics is to work, and it can, you have to keep the work here. You have to make products here that people can afford to buy here. We haven't done a good job of that he last 3 decades.

Wrong.

You 1st have to be willing to work, here. We are in a LABOR CRISIS in Texas...RIGHT NOW!
              Last edited by Dale Moser; 01-30-2018, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Yeah but that's all it is. A sales speech. Obama care is still destroying our health care system no matter what way he tries to twist that so called "win". He couldn't even sell that to the Republican party. The new tax plan helps some but one thing it really helps is the top tier. Sure they threw a bone on the child credit. But rich people just saved 40% off the top. How many jobs will it take to make up that tax deficit? I'm pretty sure that a couple of car plants run mostly by robotics won't make that up. Hope I'm wrong but it sounds like a wealthy man just passed his pockets.

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
                The fifth would pay $1.
                The sixth would pay $3.
                The seventh would pay $7.
                The eighth would pay $12.
                The ninth would pay $18.
                The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.
                So, that’s what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. “Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20.” Drinks for the ten now cost just $80. The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men– the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share? They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody’s share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man’s bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
                The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
                The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
                The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
                The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
                The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings. “I only got a dollar out of the $20,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man, “but he got $10!” “Yeah, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a dollar, too. It’s unfair that he got ten times more than I!” “That’s true!!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!” “Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison. “We didn’t get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!”

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up. The next night the tenth man didn’t show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn’t have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill! And that, ladies and gentlemen, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

Comment

And why is that ? Why has business left? Because of high corporate tax rates and bull**** regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                    The first lady has an Albuquerque PD officer who adopted a heroine baby next to her.
                    Just saw that

The cop that adopted the baby .... wow how could them dems not clap for them .
                    That made me tear up
                    That's a sweet story.

Comment

I’m doing ok since Trump has been elected. Hillary promised to put me and every other coal miner out of business.... promised it

We are now exporting coal all over the world

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        You mean Johnson don't you?
                        I don't recall which one I just know some idiot in South Dallas that don't even have a GED can organize billions of dollars of drugs to be imported into this country.

The FBI/CIA is on record to having set up the importation of the drugs.
                        Check out a documentary called Cocaine Cowboys

Last edited by texansfan; 01-30-2018, 09:21 PM.

Comment

The cop that adopted the baby .... wow how could them dems not clap for them .
                          That made me tear up
                          Most of them think the baby should have been aborted anyway.

Comment

Yea, but this president has done more to turn that around in less than 1 year than the last 4 presidents did in the last 3 decades... It ain't gonna get fixed overnight, but it is dang sure headed in the right direction now.

Comment

Yeah but that's all it is. A sales speech. Obama care is still destroying our health care system no matter what way he tries to twist that so called "win". He couldn't even sell that to the Republican party. The new tax plan helps some but one thing it really helps is the top tier. Sure they threw a bone on the child credit. But rich people just saved 40% off the top. How many jobs will it take to make up that tax deficit? I'm pretty sure that a couple of car plants run mostly by robotics won't make that up. Hope I'm wrong but it sounds like a wealthy man just passed his pockets.

40% off the top? Can you PLEASE back this up with factual evidence. I’ll wait.

Good lord the empty can rattles the loudest.

Comment

What a sad world you must live in. I’m sad for you
                                You can't even refute it because you know it's true.
                                Heroin originated in the poppy fields of Afghanistan.
                                How is it getting from the Stahns to America?

Hmmm????

Comment

Working...
                                X