Saving Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Money

My daughter is a senior, so in one year she will be off to college.
    My son is a freshman, so just a little over a year a way from getting his license.
    My wife just took a new job, and over a $10K pay cut, because she just couldn't take her job anymore.
    We bought a house in March that we are renovating and adding to. The budget is blown.

So with all this in mind, I needed some good news when it comes to money. Well, I got some.

First, I am going to be able to save about $1900/yr on my auto insurance.
    Second, I am going to be able to save about $1800/yr on my home insurance.
    And both of these are with better coverage.
    Third, I am saving about $400/yr on my family cell phone service.

This comes out to be over $4000/yr savings. I needed some good news.

Congrats

Comment

Please share. What Insurance? Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post
        My son is a freshman, so just a little over a year a way from getting his license.
        My wife just took a new job, and over a $10K pay cut, because she just couldn't take her job anymore.
        We bought a house in March that we are renovating and adding to. The budget is blown.

So with all this in mind, I needed some good news when it comes to money. Well, I got some.

Man you can't post stuff like this without details..

Who is the new insurance carrier(s)
        What did you do to lower your cell phone bill?

Comment

On the right track...... $6k more to geaux!!! More great ideas here: DaveRamsey.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I just went through the same things at my house with getting new insurance for house and cars. I also we worked my cable, cell phone and direct TV. Saved around 2,500 a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is that auto b4 or after adding the new driver?

Comment

I wish more people would see "Annual" savings. $100 here and there really adds up. Congrats!

Comment

I can easily see how you saved that on the cell phone bill..switch from verizon to Cricket, T-mobile, or sprint etc... But on the insurance, there would be a very slim chance that you saved that much AND kept coverage's the same (much less better). Unless of course you were getting hosed for awhile ... There is just not that much room between carriers right now for that kind of chopping.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                    I can easily see how you saved that on the cell phone bill..switch from verizon to Cricket, T-mobile, or sprint etc... But on the insurance, there would be a very slim chance that you saved that much AND kept coverage's the same (much less better). Unless of course you were getting hosed for awhile ... There is just not that much room between carriers right now for that kind of chopping.
                    Nope, I stayed with AT&T. And nope to the insurance also. I had USAA, and I don't think they are in the business of "hosing" their clients. Trust me, I was making sure I was comparing "apples to apples" when it came to coverage.

Comment

Who did you switch too? I'm not saying it's not out of the realm of possibility, but it's usually a case where you have been paying too much for too long.

Comment

I think most of us could save money if we really look closely at how we spend on our needs and our wants.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                          I can easily see how you saved that on the cell phone bill..switch from verizon to Cricket, T-mobile, or sprint etc....
                          Yep Im jumping ship this week from AT&T to Cricket saving 180 a month by doing so.

Saving $2160 a yr not too bad

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                            Yep Im jumping ship this week from AT&T to Cricket saving 180 a month by doing so.

Me too.. I'm dumping Verizon.. Moving to cricket, going to save $100/month

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post

What's the downside to this? Are you still going to have a smart phone with data plan?

Comment

Working...
                              X