2015 is in the books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 is in the books

Well, we didn't really get to hunt until the third weekend of archery but we didn't miss a weekend after that for the rest of season. Trish (wife ) (PA2TX) and I spent many quality hours and hunts in the blind. As usual, we stuck with stick and string throughout.

I decided to get the ball rolling early with some doe control. I pulled a double, about ten minutes apart and watched both of them pile up.

Not to be outdone, the following weekend Trish does the same - but this time, one cull buck and one doe.

Not seeing a trophy that I wanted, I decided to get another cull off the feed bill.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mike cull.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	25076895

Thanksgiving day presented me with an opportunity to take a real trophy. I had watched this deer since 2011 and saw him in his glory days at 6 1/2 years old. At the time of his demise, he was 7 1/2 years old and taped out at 137 2/8. I passed a 151 incher, so obviously, the trophy is not measured in inches with this one. He was an old warrior!

Name:	Mike trophy.jpg
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	25076896

My wife had received approval to take a very unique 10 point as a management deer, which I would have gladly taken as a trophy, but he outsmarted us all season. So, as a trouper, she took a 5 year old cull on the last weekend of general season.

Name:	Trish cull.jpg
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	25076897

Other than the relentless rain and mud, this was an epic season for us. We spent some quality time together and with some good people on the lease. We are very much looking forward to 2016 season!
    Last edited by hammer63; 08-05-2022, 02:04 PM.

Congrats on a great season!

Comment

Sounds like a great season!!!

Comment

Congratulations to both of you on a successful year.

Comment

Congrats! I think I've asked you before but is this the old Coates Ranch?

Comment

WOW, I would say you two had a great one, congrats!!!

Comment

Nice!! Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                Congrats! I think I've asked you before but is this the old Coates Ranch?
                I don't think so, but it is right next door to it.

Comment

Nicely done!

Comment

looks like a decent year over that way! Hope my season here is half as good!

Comment

congratulations on a great year

Comment

Awesome season

Comment

Very nice. Congrats to you both.

Comment

Congrats to you both on a great season. Hopefully next year will be just as wet.

Comment

Great wrap up on yall's season Mike and Trish. Great year despite the rain. Have a safe 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X