Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about living in West Fort Worth, Aledo, Willow Park, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I drive out to our place by you, I too often think about living on that side of town. The good news for us as everyone is pushing West, they are closer to our places which in turn will equal more money in our pockets down the road!

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
      Sell now, the time is right, the Dallas market is going to see a correction in the near future.
      Correction? As long as the mass migration from California continues the prices will continue upward.

Comment

Dont see prices of homes dipping until democrats are back in office. I would live out west in a heartbeat, but my job drags us to north Dallas area.

Comment

Look south towards cleburne/rio vista/grandview. Straight shot up chisolm trail tollway or 35

Comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shallowater View Post

We’ve been kicking around moving onto Grandbury Lake. Not 100% sure of that but we’ve been looking into it. When are you and the fam coming over for dinner? We need to get something set up. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ve thought that would be a great place as well. Let me know when y’all a free together!

You both are welcome to PM me and I can provide information about Granbury and some GREAT places with 1acre + to build on. I'm retired so I have NO $$ in this but we are MUCH more relaxed than even the Weatherford/Parker County these days. They are expanding the Chisholm Trail but I travel backroads to I20 you can avoid all the 377 traffic going to Graham which I can make in hour or less!

Tax rate here is around 1.69% depending on what part of Hood County you live in. NO city taxes in the area I am really familiar with. We live in Granbury and it's a great place to be. Schools are very good and there is a ton of things to do with a small town atmosphere built around the Lake. Every season of the year has something fun to do or just sit back and enjoy the country WITH all the conveniences you want.

Just trying to help per the OP...no other intentions....

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Drive another 10 or 12 minutes out to Brock.

Exactly what I was going to suggest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm going to check out some of these other places. Brock, Hudson Oaks, etc.

For all you guys saying its too crowded remember I'd be coming from Dallas, three blocks off of Central Expressway and Knox Henderson. I don't know if it could get more crowded than what I'm already used to.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                  Where on Kelly Rd? (I'm 1 mile from 377).

I live a mile off Kelly on MCClendon Walker. I’m sure you drive past that turn all the time.

Comment

I live in Azle have a lot of deer in that area. I have 11 ac have about 10 bucks coming to my feeder right now.

Comment

We just moved from Wylie over to Granbury and absolutely love it compared to Wylie.

I know quite a few people here work in Fort Worth but luckily I work from home and travel for my day job and my wife and I have an ecommerce business we run from a warehouse we purchased here in Granbury. So I don't have to drive into Fort Worth every day but I do have to make a trip somewhere in the city at least 1 time per week. I don't know what traffic is like at 7:00am since I usually leave a little later. If you lived on the East side of the lake then that probably saves 10-15min of drive time.

We bought a place with 2 acres north of town on the west side of the lake(technically we're in Brazos Bend). Not a lake front lot but we can walk out the door and walk back to the lake if we want. We have a herd of 8 deer that come out in back yard each evening(plus 1 turkey, a skunk and a bunch of coons).

Property taxes in Granbury are great compared to Collin Co taxes. Schools are ok. I was worried about the schools because some of the ratings online but our kids had a very good experience the 2 months they went there this spring. The schools on the East side of the lake are better than the ones on the West side though.

Comment

Originally posted by TxTechBowhunter View Post
                        I live in Willow Park. Taxes are high but the schools are great. Housing market is also booming here so you will be overpaying for a House right now. If you want a new build look at Walsh Ranch. It is new development between Aledo and Fort Worth.

Only downside is with all of the people moving here I am afraid it will end up like North Fort Worth/Keller in a few years which means the traffic getting into and out of Fort Worth will be a PITA.

I live Fort worth am keller ISD and the taxes are higher now than ever a few houses sold on this street every one has 3 acres and Not its gone crazy . People showing up making offers trying to buy .. If I wanted to sell I would list it . To be honest looking to move away much further at some point the traffic and dumb *** drivers is crazy The school at the end of the street has accidents every day during pick up and drop off How can you have 5 cars in an accident if you driving 25 ??

They are building like crazy and the traffic is getting very bad , all the new apartment complexes are over loading the streets . New ones down by the mall every where you look .. Like we needed another walmart on Golden triangle and the round about's with TX drivers who mostly never use a turn signal let along can figure those out .
                        Last edited by HDWRENCH; 07-16-2018, 03:31 PM.

Comment

!

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                          We just moved from Wylie over to Granbury and absolutely love it compared to Wylie.

I know quite a few people here work in Fort Worth but luckily I work from home and travel for my day job and my wife and I have an ecommerce business we run from a warehouse we purchased here in Granbury. So I don't have to drive into Fort Worth every day but I do have to make a trip somewhere in the city at least 1 time per week. I don't know what traffic is like at 7:00am since I usually leave a little later. If you lived on the East side of the lake then that probably saves 10-15min of drive time.

We bought a place with 2 acres north of town on the west side of the lake(technically we're in Brazos Bend). Not a lake front lot but we can walk out the door and walk back to the lake if we want. We have a herd of 8 deer that come out in back yard each evening(plus 1 turkey, a skunk and a bunch of coons).

Property taxes in Granbury are great compared to Collin Co taxes. Schools are ok. I was worried about the schools because some of the ratings online but our kids had a very good experience the 2 months they went there this spring. The schools on the East side of the lake are better than the ones on the West side though.
                          We are the BEST kept secret in the North TX area! Us Granburyite's have a saying though:

"Came for vacation and left on probation!" Just about ALL the various LEO departments will stop you in a minute for speeding...all except the Fire Marshal, lol!! Happy you are loving our/your area...it's special!!

Comment

Working...
                          X