Lost it all....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost it all....

Home, vehicles, bay boat, all my blinds and feeders where I hunt (8 feeders and 8 blinds). Don't even know where to begin, but we will figure it out. I've worked over 100 hours since Sunday in my hometown helping coordinate the rescues, shelters, food, and relief on the Sheriff's Office side of things. It has been a blessing to be able to help everyone I know. With the help of roughly 20-25 volunteers we rescued over 300 flood victims in 2 days. Hamshire got cut off from rest of the county and myself and 3 other deputies were the only law enforcement in the area for that time, causing us to work around the clock. But we made it work and got the job done.

When this is over I'm hoping to get to my house to clean it up and rebuild, didn't have flood insurance but we will figure it out.

Going to be a long winter with no place to hunt I know that's for sure.

Keep your head up.

Comment

Cannot imagine what you are going through but will keep you in our thoughts & prayers!

Comment

Hate to hear that Ryan. Really appreciate all you did. Praying for you and your family. I know you have much more important matters to tend to, but I can offer up a hunt for you as a guest when the season rolls around if you're interested.

Comment

Man, good things will come to you. Keep the faith

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Prayers for you!
            Hang in there.

Comment

Sending prayers man.

How much water did you get if your home?

Comment

That's terrible. I am in the same boat. Thanks for your service to your community. Had to be tough to focus with everything you had going on. I had to be boated out as well, no flood insurance either. We will rebuild. Hopefully the water will recede soon and we can start repairing things one at a time.

Comment

So sorry brother! I'm in a similar situation and lost most everything as well. I was home when it happened so even lost all my duty gear! I've got a pile of wet stinky muddy uniforms, vest, tazer, and all my leather gear. I hope to get back to uniform supply next week and get back to work.

I know it's not a big priority at this point but I may have some feeders and stuff you can have. I say may because I haven't been back to my lease yet to see what survived there. Its not new or perfect but it will get you back in the game!

Keep your head up! It will get better and y'all will survive! Stay safe out there when u get back to work!

Comment

Lost it all....

If you need anything let me know, I'll try my hardest to get it to you or help out as much as I can. The whole thing is a bad deal, I've been all over the Houston area the last few days. The outreach has literally restored my faith in humanity, everyone will solve the problem and come out better people. I know you're part of the offshore community and we've never met, we are out there all the time too. Axis does/ mouflon/ whitetail, let's rock. You have an open open invite. We all got this man!!
                    Last edited by Mossback; 09-02-2017, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Hang in there brother, the man upstairs has your back

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Please let us know what we can do to help. I'm so sorry to hear that it's this bad...

Comment

Help is coming...I know of many teams that will station out of FBC Hamshire. Praying you have peace over the next few weeks as recvery gets geared up

Comment

Thank you! For everything you have done God is great and will totally turn things around for you and your family all will be well keep your chin up

Comment

Working...
                              X