New 3D Archery Range in Ellis County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 3D Archery Range in Ellis County

I posted this around the campfire, but I thought I would put it over here too.

I ran into a guy at Subway last week and he was telling that he was about to open his archery range. The range will then be open each Tuesday and Thursday throughout the spring and summer through September, so spread the word and come on out to shoot and hang out.

Archery Range just outside of Ennis. He had one there a few years back and had to close it due to having a stroke.
    Here is the information that he gave me.

The range will then be open each Tuesday and Thursday throughout the spring and summer through September, so spread the word and come on out to shoot and hang out.

The directions are as follows: Begin on hwy 1181 (Greenville rd.) heading east until you come to Walker Creek rd. Turn left on Walker Creek and drive north approximately 1/2 mi and begin looking to your left. You will see a gate (with (2)-24 ft long arrows) approximately 1500 ft off of the road which is the ranch front gate. Turn left on the right of way and follow the signs. The ranch is about 8 miles from I.

This area has some elevation changes and the range is now set up for twenty targets.

Ttt

Comment

Sounds good Ron, I will have to make a trip out there when I get some of this work done.

Comment

Ron, do you know if they are they open today? Its almost Spring

Comment

Ron, your post on the directions should be Creechville rd/1181. I have been to this place several times and am happy to hear his health is allowing him to open again.

He had a good setup several years ago. He also cooked burgers when you got through shooting!!!

Super nice guy and just a few miles from my house

Maybe we could get a group shoot going.

Comment

Yes, it's 1181 or Creechville Road. Just give me a shout when you want to go and I'll try to break loose and go out there.

Comment

If you get a group together pm me, I'd like to shoot with you.

Comment

Went by after work yesterday just to check it out. I met Don, seemed like a good guy. He said they were open and ready to shoot. Tue. Thur. and I think he said 4th Sat. each month. I need all the practice I can get so I'm planning on being out there as much as possible. Their on Facebook to, Ramah Ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                  If you get a group together pm me, I'd like to shoot with you.
                  I'll go when these crappie are out of spawn, then I'll PM you.

Originally posted by Blu Sarii View Post
                  Went by after work yesterday just to check it out. I met Don, seemed like a good guy. He said they were open and ready to shoot. Tue. Thur. and I think he said 4th Sat. each month. I need all the practice I can get so I'm planning on being out there as much as possible. Their on Facebook to, Ramah Ranch.
                  Good to know. Thanks

Comment

Resurrecting an old thread, but does anyone know if this place is still open? Came across it the other day while out working. The path to the gate was well mowed and I could see the parking and registration signs, gate was closed but not locked. Place looked somewhat overgrown, so I wasn't sure

Comment

Originally posted by texasguy83 View Post
                      Resurrecting an old thread, but does anyone know if this place is still open? Came across it the other day while out working. The path to the gate was well mowed and I could see the parking and registration signs, gate was closed but not locked. Place looked somewhat overgrown, so I wasn't sure
                      X2
                      Is it open ?
                      Does anyone know the name of this place ?
                      Has anyone went and shot here ?

Comment

It's called Ramah Ranch, there is a sign on 1181 pointing you to the road it's on, and this is the only thing I could find about it on Google other than an old Facebook page from 2013. I asked the gentleman at the house on the corner and all he could tell me was that it was on that road and the owner drives a white Toyota or Nissan truck. I found the gate to the property by following the directions in this post. That and the two 20 foot long metal arrows over the gate gave it away, lol

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by texasguy83 View Post
                            It's called Ramah Ranch, there is a sign on 1181 pointing you to the road it's on, and this is the only thing I could find about it on Google other than an old Facebook page from 2013. I asked the gentleman at the house on the corner and all he could tell me was that it was on that road and the owner drives a white Toyota or Nissan truck. I found the gate to the property by following the directions in this post. That and the two 20 foot long metal arrows over the gate gave it away, lol
                            Did you find out if still open ?
                            Did you see any contact phone number ?
                            Thanks for any info

Comment

No information or even the name on the gate, just some old signs pointing you to the parking area and registration. Grass was 6-8" tall on what looked like the "road" up to a building on the hill, but the vegetation around the sign was 4-5' tall. And it being Texas and out in the country I wasn't going to open the gate and investigate further.

Comment

Working...
                              X