Benbrook Lake 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowDude5000 View Post
    Thats no good! I got out here about 30 minutes ago. Wind is in my favor but its too much wind!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Txt me if you shoot something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
      Txt me if you shoot something.

Back at ya. Think its gonna stay too windy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Where have we seen this before?

Comment

Oh my

Comment

Doesn't look like you got very good penetration... I'd back out and call a dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
              Where have we seen this before?

You gonna leave that for the guy that's hunting your blind?

In for the LDP!

Comment

F5 f5 f5.... **** it come on with the detes!

Comment

A little windy tomorrow but the weather should be good this weekend! Wish I had enough tags left to hunt. This is my first year hunting benbrook but I took a doe, turkey and a 200lb buck. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Big thanks to Texasgrown, Bowdude, and Topshot for Shari f the moment with me. Huge shout out to Topshot for putting me on some animals.

Comment

Tasty! Nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by Sreppep View Post
                        A little windy tomorrow but the weather should be good this weekend! Wish I had enough tags left to hunt. This is my first year hunting benbrook but I took a doe, turkey and a 200lb buck. Good luck to everyone!
                        Tell us more about this buck!

Comment

And welcome to the campfire by the way, saw that was your very first post.

Comment

Originally posted by TxnRunner View Post
                            And welcome to the campfire by the way, saw that was your very first post.
                            Thanks! Had a few too many drinks Monday night and woke up late Tuesday morning so I didn't get into the stand until about 7:30, got busted by a small 4 point around 9 wind was really starting to pick up so I got down at 1 and headed to the truck and grabbed a quick snack. 2:30 I decided to hunt a second spot that seemed promising, 3:30 a small 8 point comes out and eats corn for 30 mins, 4:30 a small 4 point comes out and does the same, 5:45 same small 8 point comes in along with the 4 and then a big spike comes in behind... the 8 point wasn't letting the spike come near and they clashed horns pretty good and he ran the spike off. Spike still lingered around for a bit while the other 2 ate for 15 mins or so before they all left. 6:30 the small 4 point is back with a different spike and they eat for about 10 mins and then wander off about 100-150 yards in front of me and I can still see them. 6:58 I see a deer coming towards me and I could tell he was a legal buck but he disappeared out of my view so I get ready. 7:02 he steps in from of me broad side 15 yards, I didn't do a practice draw and my bow limb and elbow hit both sides of the pop up when I drew back, luckily I was able to release before he knew what happened. I nailed him good, he jumped a little trotted about 15 yards and started swaying and then walked about another 10 yards and I watched him lay over. Waited 20 mins and walked straight up to him, he isn't a monster but he's the biggest I've shot in my 6 years of hunting. 14 inches wide but really thick, only has one brow time so he's a 7 point, has trash around his base and 3 or 4 that could technically be considered points. Getting him out and into the truck solo was the biggest challenge! Processor called today and said without his head and skin he weighed 150 so I'm guessing he was atleast 200lbs.

It was a hunt I'll never forget, he will be going on the wall!

Comment

Awesome! Congrats, the Benbrook bucks are tough. There are a plenty out there, but the big ones are good at avoiding hunters. Post up some pics if you don't mind sharing.

Comment

Contracts blood trail.
                                Phillip congrats on all the animals and the buck was heavy! Snack stick making before to long.

Comment

Working...
                                X