Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
    *Bacon Bits...half a cup
    I'm assuming you mean the kind out of a jar. I bet that adds good flavor, and I'm assuming they soften up while they bake?

And I'm assuming real bacon bits? (I grew up on the artificial kind. My momma was cheap. I'm cheap, too, but Coach insists I buy the "real" bacon bits. Those artificials are crunchy!)

Comment

Originally posted by Coachs Wife View Post
      I'm assuming you mean the kind out of a jar. I bet that adds good flavor, and I'm assuming they soften up while they bake?

And I'm assuming real bacon bits? (I grew up on the artificial kind. My momma was cheap. I'm cheap, too, but Coach insists I buy the "real" bacon bits. Those artificials are crunchy!)
      Yep, cheap here too...I use the artificial as well...BUT...it softens like real bacon during cooking, you can't tell the difference.

Comment

No oatmeal or crackers for a binder ?

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
          For a not-so-healthy kick we weaved a pound of bacon into a mat and wrapped that around the veniloaf before it goes in the pan/oven. The bacon tightens up as it bakes and locks the loaf together. Stupid good eating but I eat so much of it that we only do it once a year or so. I'll eat half the darn loaf!

God bless and happy hunting.
          Richard.
          I do this and put it on the grill. Stupid awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
            No oatmeal or crackers for a binder ?
            My wife uses croutons for the oven. For my bacon fatty on the grill, we do not.

Comment

My wife will take it and and do the first layer then put mozzarella cheese down then put on the top layer of meat. Its a game changer

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                Yep, cheap here too...I use the artificial as well...BUT...it softens like real bacon during cooking, you can't tell the difference.
                That's awesome! Good to know.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                  My wife uses croutons for the oven. For my bacon fatty on the grill, we do not.
                  Actually, believe it or not, the bacon bits serve as the binder. I also use them in regular beef meat loafs as well.

Not sure if I mentioned, drain excess about 10 minutes from the end of cooking.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I'm gonna give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Thanks for posting this. I'm gonna give it a try.
                      Your welcome...

Comment

Great recipe, will give it a try.

This has been a hit for venison meatloaf at our house. Hunter angler Gardner's recipe

A classic Italian-American style meatloaf made with venison, from Hunter Angler Gardener Cook.

Comment

Originally posted by chitchyaoutdoor View Post
                          my wife will take it and and do the first layer then put mozzarella cheese down then put on the top layer of meat. Its a game changer
                          shut the front door!!!

Comment

We had meatloaf samwishes today....still good!!

Comment

Hard to beat meatloaf sammiches...meatloaf, mayo, cheese, tater chips....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had venison meatloaf, cream style corn n mashed taters for supper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X