X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
    Good Stuff Eric!

32 Coyotes in 13 days here.

I'll have high hopes and more steel come next season.
    What traps are you using.
    I've been using .
    Newhouse
    Bridgers 3
    Mb550
    An some Victor longsprings but they aren't making the cut next year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
      Well shoot, sorry I didn't hear the phone, was under the weather last week so the phone been on my nightstand, pretty much forgotten about.
      Ya I was in big Lake an parked at your house but knew your were sick. So I was calling to check on you

Comment

Yalls numbers make me look bad. I ain't saying mine! Good work men!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post

What traps are you using.

I've been using .
          Newhouse
          Bridgers 3
          Mb550

An some Victor longsprings but they aren't making the cut next year
          MB 550 OS (offset jaw) with MB chain stakes.

Like you already know, those big male coyotes are tough on traps, but the 550’s can take the abuse and then some.

Comment

Like you already know, those big male coyotes are tough on traps, but the 550’s can take the abuse and then some.
            Yes sir I'm really liking them. But I have alot of the bridgers an they work great as well. The only ones I have trouble with are the 650s in this part of the country they don't work so well

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Numbers don't matter. It's the results of those number. Like mine there were coyotes everywhere when I started now there are very few. Sometimes where there are few they are the hard ones

Comment

It looks like you piled up the fur to me.

That's some rough and unforgiving country you fellas are trapping in.

I couldn’t imagine how hard it would be driving an earth anchor in out your way.

I'd spend half of my day driving in stakes, and another half pulling them out when I left!

Comment

I couldn’t imagine how hard it would be driving an earth anchor in out your way.

I'd spend half of my day driving in stakes, and another half pulling them out when I left!
                  I trap 2 ranches one is sand an the other caliche an rock. I use anchors in the sand plus drags an only drags at the other place. I prefer drags to stakes most of the time

Comment

I am mb550 only these days. They are one fine trap, and I was a diehard long spring Newhouse guy two years ago. I make my own chain stakes now, I used to use only drags.

Comment

I love the chain stakes but I do have to pick where I can set a trap. They are sure handy to set in good ground, and hold really well. I will get some pics of the homemade ones I build. Probably not as good as the MB version but if someone needed to build some up without ordering them they will get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post

I trap 2 ranches one is sand an the other caliche an rock. I use anchors in the sand plus drags an only drags at the other place. I prefer drags to stakes most of the time

I’m trapping in really sandy soil, but in some areas,(usually great spots) you couldn’t drive an earth anchor unless you had Thor’s hammer.

It burns me up when I can’t set where I want to because of the ground.

Comment

I am mb550 only these days. They are one fine trap, and I was a diehard long spring Newhouse guy two years ago. I make my own chain stakes now, I used to use only drags.
                          That is all I will buy from now on. The quality and durability is unsurpassed.

I bought my 550’s 4 coiled, then pulled the secondary coils off of them to save for later if the traps ever get slow. It's only a few dollars more a dozen for the 4 coil.

I love the chain stakes but I do have to pick where I can set a trap. They are sure handy to set in good ground, and hold really well. I will get some pics of the homemade ones I build. Probably not as good as the MB version but if someone needed to build some up without ordering them they will get the job done.
                          I don’t have the equipment to make my own, so I have to bite the bullet at $30 a dozen.

Comment

That is all I will buy from now on. The quality and durability is unsurpassed.

I bought my 550’s 4 coiled, then pulled the secondary coils off of them to save for later if the traps ever get slow. It's only a few dollars more a dozen for the 4 coil.

I don’t have the equipment to make my own, so I have to bite the bullet at $30 a dozen.
                            Sounds like you need at TBH sample delivery.

Comment

Sounds like you need at TBH sample delivery.
                              Sounds like I’m going to owe you some Ice cold beer.

Comment

I’m trapping in really sandy soil, but in some areas,(usually great spots) you couldn’t drive an earth anchor unless you had Thor’s hammer.

It burns me up when I can’t set where I want to because of the ground.
                                Yes sir I hear ya

My old supervisor told me he had a trapper down in rocksprings that had to chisel trap sets out of rock. He carried a chisel with him. That's a lil much for me hahh

Comment

Working...
                                X