N. East TX rut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N. East TX rut?

I have not been able to get out and hunt yet this season at all due to being ridiculously busy with work. I will not be going out until the week of Thanksgiving. Will the rut be over by then in North East Texas? I know I have seen some bucks still chasing as late as December where I hunt. I don't really know if or when it started this year.

I hunt east of Tyler and I still have bucks hanging out together. So I'm guessing thanksgiving should still be good.

Comment

Probably catch some secondary action by then.

Comment

Secondary rut occurs occurs around 28 days after the primary rut. I am guessing you mean "post rut"

In Fannin Co, the week of thanksgiving usually is the tail end of the primary rut.

Comment

I hunt between Kilgore and henderson. I saw a nice buck chasing earlier this morning. Couldn't get a shot

Comment

I believe thanksgiving will be just fine. Should still have some chasing and others still out looking and feeding your general good areas. I killed s big bow buck here in Bowie county this past weekend with bow and he was behind a couple of doe. But so far he has been the only one we have seen messing with doe.

Comment

Hunted yesterday morning in Bowie County saw 3 bucks. One was a nice 8 chasing doe

Comment

Any update on what you guys are seeing? I hunted long sits sat and sun in Lamar county and saw no rutting activity (if it was happening, it wasn't around me). My brother didn't see anything significant either. He saw a lot of regular food plot activity, which would seem to indicate that the rut isn't doing much at the moment.

I'm going at it again this weekend and hoping to see the big boys active, just curious what others are seeing. Trying to plan when I'm taking the extra vacation days I've been saving for hunting.

D

Comment

In Fannin I shot my buck on Friday and he was tending a doe. Literally they were bedded up and wouldnt move. He was breeding her no doubt. Dad saw a younger 7 chasing this morning.

The next 2 weeks are prime.

Comment

Thanks! I think I may take off Monday to extend the weekend hunts...

D

Comment

Have heard reports from Harrison and Marion county of bucks still chasing some about a week ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X