No announcement yet.

Follow me thru Harvey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just left lowes and Walmart in Tomball. Filled my check lists but it was crazy. Felt like Black Friday in both stores

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
      Just left lowes and Walmart in Tomball. Filled my check lists but it was crazy. Felt like Black Friday in both stores

Funny, I was wanting to pickup a 50# bag of sand for some strength training I am doing... but realized that the stores are going to be way to crazy right now with the forecast becoming more and more unfavorable.

I filled up both our vehicles Tuesday and our two 5 gal fuel cans as well so I wouldn't have to deal with any fighting to get to a pump.

Comment

wow..that blows

Comment

New report is it is strengthening rapidly and could become major hurricane in next day or two

Comment

We're a bit closer to the coast and it ain't looking good. I'll be checking out the generators tonight and filling gas cans. We have the toy hauler with generator to live in a while, if need be and generators to run the refrigerators and freezers. Boat's in the barn if water gets too deep to drive my 4WD in. It would take a monumental flood of biblical proportions to need a boat. Would be kinda funny though to drive a 22 foot bay boat to town. And I'd do it in a heartbeat, just to say I did.

Stay safe folks!

Comment

Praying for your family and everyone else down that way... It's not looking good for the coast. Good luck man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                Praying for your family and everyone else down that way... It's not looking good for the coast. Good luck man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Thank you

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Got a bunch of prep work inside and out and got some furniture lifted up.

Comment

Prayers up for everyone down that way.

Comment

Ok guys here we go. The rain has started and I have everything set up. I extended one of my down spouts and I have the sump pump in the ditch setup. The sump pump in my yard is pumping to my ditch. The pump in my ditch is pumping across my driveway way eventually making it's way to the drain to the detention pond. The pond has 2 big pumps on it. Unless we lose power we should be pretty good. I rented a 2" gas powered trash pump with 150' of discharge line in case I need it. Running to spend some time with my wife and kids before it gets too bad.

Comment

Best of luck to you man! Looks like you've done about all you can!

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                            Best of luck to you man! Looks like you've done about all you can!

Thanks

Comment

Do you have any wire mesh you can put around your pump and bucket to keep the debris from clogging it up or clogging it up as often. I will say that it appears that you have prepared as good as you can.
                              I hope you make it through with no damage. Be safe.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

For Sale sign would be in my yard next week, dang all that. Sorry man, good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X