Wood vs carbon arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
    Wood for me and Jeffro. Lol a good straight wood arrow is just about as tough as a carbon. It's when you put the point on a bit crooked . That's when they break. If you know how . You can get them as straight as carbons. Arvin
    I support this Message

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
      I prefer carbon because I am lazy, cheap, and like to DIY. The lazy and DIY may seem to be at conflict... but DIY carbons are a lot easier and cheaper than DIY wood arrows.
      Where are you buying your woods at. I can DIY a dozen woods for under $60.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
        Where are you buying your woods at. I can DIY a dozen woods for under $60.
        what kind of wood are your shafts???

Comment

Jeffro if they are done right they are worth $120 a dozen. Makes you practice closer. And hunt closer if you can. Or just have lots of money. DIY by the time you get everything to build a dozen properly you have 4-5 hundred in a set of twelve. I don't build my hunting- target arrows but do build my flight arrows. Good arrows are worth more. Just like $200 carbons! That's my two cents. :-) Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFRO View Post
            what kind of wood are your shafts???
            I have been having good luck with German Spruce shafts made by Bearpaw. I get them from KustomKings for 28.50 a dozen. They are not 100% perfect, but most of my woods are built for practicing and because I like doing it.

Comment

A few days ago I talked about it with my friend (he make reviews for hunting gear at Under The Open Sky) and he said that no problem to shoot woodies and carbon, don't limit yourself.

Comment

Working...
              X