X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Would you have shot this deer at 4.5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your buck has an antler injury. Go ahead and post up your after photo. I had one like him once. We didn't shoot him until the year following his injury when he was a 160" typical 10.

Comment

What about 5.5?

Comment

Originally posted by Truckville View Post
        Your buck has an antler injury. Go ahead and post up your after photo. I had one like him once. We didn't shoot him until the year following his injury when he was a 160" typical 10.

Close but not quite

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

What about 5.5?

If you’ld like to start your own thread with your buck, please do so. I was just trying to show friends how my odd buck grew out. Not looking to get in a pissing match on who can let their deer live the longest.

Comment

Odd buck

If you’ld like to start your own thread with your buck, please do so. I was just trying to show friends how my odd buck grew out. Not looking to get in a pissing match on who can let their deer live the longest.

Whoaaaaaa wasn’t starting a pissing match there hoss! I was simply adding to your cool buck that i had a deer that seems to run a similar line as yours, and that many may seem “odd” but can have the potential to blow up. Thought it’d be helpful to some not necessarily you, but hey man hopefully your day turns around there for ya [emoji1360]

Last edited by drop dead fred; 07-24-2018, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Yea I know I’ve advocated every chance I get for him to make it one more year. Only bc I see how special he is. The last deer I had similar to him was a mid 40’s 14 point deer that went to mid 180’s 20 point at 5. I have had 2 deer that I hunted at 4.5 and I knew their age, but they were big enough I didn’t care. And your deer is really close to that line I draw on passing free range 4 yr olds in east Texas lol! Good luck with him, either way you’ve helped grow a heckuva deer and I’ve enjoyed watching his progression.

Comment

That would be a B&C Roe deer!

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                  I think this deer is quite a bit older than you think he is, I never seen a 5.5 year old or younger sit that far back on his hooves. He is truly a unique buck.
                  I was looking at the same thing. I cant wait to see what his body looks like in Oct. Nothing else made me think older deer but man he is sitting down on those front hooves instead of on his twinkle toes.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

enjoying the updates truckville. id love to see you get him in a year or two, but i wouldnt blame you for taking him this year. thanks for the thread, never mind the drop dead freds.

i had to add that rhyme. its just a joke, but hopefully drop dead fred will make a thread about his buck with the injured head, and see how he progressed as fred said.

Comment

I’m guessing he is an older deer as well. Be interesting to see what he looks like in a couple of months

Comment

Any more pics of this guy?

Comment

Yes... I NEED to see this bruiser again!

Comment

In for updated pics.

Comment

cool buck

Comment

Working...
                                X