Very nice work
    Appears that 5k miles on the truck might have been cheaper

Comment

looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Very nice work

Appears that 5k miles on the truck might have been cheaper

My wife was thinking the same thing! Honestly though, I think I’ve spent so far $500 on the project. Buying premix by the yard and a couple bags of Portland to concrete everything is about $150 of it.
        We got half way through it all yesterday before the heat set in. Will pour the remainder towards the end of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We’ve been looking at finding a trailer to bus us all to the couple of jackpots, etc. that we go to. Was able to find one to suit our needs. This will be another project to just make it ours. I’d like to replace all the lights to be LED’s, internal lighting, and fans, and possibly a new paint job. Had a few cancer spots but can be fixed.

Comment

looks like a great hog set up, for now you can use an extra pen for a wash rack, get you some shade cloth to keep em out of the direct sunlight. and add fans and your ready to rock and roll... . I still have a set of 4 - 4'x10 pens I need to sell lol and a 16' aluminum trailer ( but working on someone to purchase hopefully. ) most we had at one time was 8 pigs.. son still helps some folks find and raise theirs.

Comment

Status update:
              Got power finally connected and tested the existing pump and lighting. We have a few plumbing leaks that will be addressed within the pump house but will be easy fixes. Replaced a few light bulbs and added another light fixture in the stall area. Will probably be adding two more but for now, 2 light seem to work out just fine.
              The past couple of days/nights, progress has been slow. Meet the teacher for all three kids have delayed further progress. I have managed however to knock out plumbing in water nipples to the pens. All that remains is buttoning up a couple of loose ends, adding a hose bib, and connecting to the well.

Comment

Looking really good. You dont have much time to get finished before the fist Lindner on the farm sale LOL. Just a thought, and this comes from having pig pens exposed to outside. You will want to spend some time insulating that PVC. When the cold weather hits it those things start popping - and check nipples often during cold times. A little ice will blow out the plastic ring in them and create monster leaks. You may already know. Just sharing from experience.

Comment

Very Nice Work!

Comment

Well, finally finished up the concrete this evening.

The next item up to bat is getting all the exterior walls and roof extension sheathed with R-panel.

Comment

Tonight’s progress:
                      -Install a water hose bib on the end of the new water line for pen wash down, future wet feeding, etc.
                      -We has a 40’ left over sheet of galv. R-panel from a previous job I was able to use for the roof. I busted out the sheet nibbler and cut 7 pc at 5’. My rake measurement is 4’-8” which gives me a 4” overhang. In reality, it’ll be 2-3/4” because the wall panel will butt up to the underside of the roof panel. I test fitted all sheets squaring up the overhang depth to keep it from walking before screwing everything down. Inside foam closures will go in before the final fastening is done.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

great progress!

show us the bacon

Comment

looking good..

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Finally got to update for those that care. Haha!
                                Started enclosing the walls.

Then ran some panels on the inside to keep both the pigs and shavings off of the exterior wall. Fabricated up the gates that were left over from an old barn to 1. not be so heavy and 2. Weld in hog panel.

Comment

Working...
                                X