350 Legend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

350 Legend?

How long have barrels been commercially available?

Is ammo commercially available yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      How long have barrels been commercially available?

Is ammo commercially available yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Idk, lets ask google

350 legend ammo for sale at Target Sports USA. Enjoy free shipping on bulk 350 legend ammunition for sale online.

Comment

What’s the advantage of it over .358socom which has a huge bullet variety

Comment

350 Legend?

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
          What’s the advantage of it over .358socom which has a huge bullet variety

Lighter recoil and Ammo cost I suppose.

If it is built around a .355” Bullet instead of .357” then that’s a huge fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Yeah... maybe they’ll realize their mistake and make it worthwhile. I’m kind of interested in it.

Comment

With the 30-30 edging out the Legend in both velocity and energy (Winchester data for legend and wikkipedia for 30-30) then throw in BC for .30 vs .355 bullets of the same weight, I think I will keep my Marlin. But then I'm not hunting in a straightwall state. BUT.... another AR may be in the works!

Comment

Unless I was restricted to using straight wall cartridges for hunting by the state, I can't see it. It was made to fit 2 criteria, 1 straight wall, 2 AR platform compatibility. I'd prefer the Grendel over it for whitetail and hogs, and the 450 Bushmaster, .50 Beowulf, or better yet, the .458 Socom if more horsepower is desired from the AR platform. I'm sure it will work as intended, though.

Comment

I had contempt for the round since the first false advertising of “the fastest straight wall cartridge”.

If you have to lie out of the starting gate...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                    I had contempt for the round since the first false advertising of “the fastest straight wall cartridge”.

Lol. Leupold just made an announcement on facebook for a scope that pairs with the round.

#CustomShop Exclusive: Get your hands on this limited-run VX-3i 2.5-8x36 tuned specifically for the 350 Legend - the world’s fastest straight-walled hunting cartridge.

Custom modifications include a ballistically calibrated dial, integrated throw lever, and sniper grey or burnt bronze cerakote - available only through the Leupold Custom Shop. Visit www.Leupold.com to learn more or call 1-888-629-4811 to order now.

#LeupoldCustomShop #LeupoldCore #350Legend

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                      Lol. Leupold just made an announcement on facebook for a scope that pairs with the round.

#CustomShop Exclusive: Get your hands on this limited-run VX-3i 2.5-8x36 tuned specifically for the 350 Legend - the world’s fastest straight-walled hunting cartridge.

Custom modifications include a ballistically calibrated dial, integrated throw lever, and sniper grey or burnt bronze cerakote - available only through the Leupold Custom Shop. Visit www.Leupold.com to learn more or call 1-888-629-4811 to order now.

#LeupoldCustomShop #LeupoldCore #350Legend

That's proof it's a gimmick cartridge and they're teaming up to fleece us all out of our money (and I'm a Leupold fan)

Comment

What’s faster?

In 10 minutes of looking and guessing, it seems as though the Legend will run a 125 at 2600.

The only two I saw that were any better was a ruger No1. 45-70 load and a 45 Raptor load with 180’s, neither of which are exactly off-the-shelf offerings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

I haven’t grabbed the recent American rifleman from my dad yet so I’m just curious on it. I have a couple stripped lowers that I’m planning on building out over the next couple months. One is a 6.5grendel and one I wanted to go for one of the big bore ar15s for no reason other than having one. I thought I had settled on the Socom but if it packs the same punch and is cheaper I’m interested

But I also just saw my previous post and that I had fat fingered it and meant to type .458socom, didn’t mean to compare it with the .357socom which I have no interest in buying
                          Last edited by hooligan; 08-26-2019, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Your research wasn’t to extensive. Heck, a factory 180gr Rem 44 mag will do 2250 from a rifle barrel and its a dumpy pistol cartridge. Everybody forgot the 35 Whelen? I feel sorry the 35 Rem never got this kinda factory love. Again we see the caliber lobbyists and ammo companies determine a caliber’s success.

Lets do a green apple to crab apple comparison

Why anyone would want a 35 caliber 125gr I don’t know. We can find some factory hot rod ammo to manipulate advertising gimmicks concerning straight wall https://www.underwoodammo.com/collec...18785711652921

I think the appeal is the weapons chambered for it. There was no reason for marketing to straight out lie about it. I guess its like Joe Biden says “lets not believe facts over truth”. These days truth is whatever they can get away with. Me, I’ll just continue to laugh.

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                            What’s faster?

In 10 minutes of looking and guessing, it seems as though the Legend will run a 125 at 2600.

The only two I saw that were any better was a ruger No1. 45-70 load and a 45 Raptor load with 180’s, neither of which are exactly off-the-shelf offerings.
                            Last edited by Johnny44; 08-26-2019, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Your research wasn’t to extensive. Heck, a factory 180gr Rem 44 mag will do 2250 from a rifle barrel. Everybody forgot the 35 Whelen?

Lets do a green apple to red apple comparison

Why anyone would want a 35 caliber 125gr I don’t know. We can find some factory hot rod ammo to manipulate advertising gimmicks concerning straight wall https://www.underwoodammo.com/collec...18785711652921

I think the appeal is the weapons chambered for it. There was no reason for marketing to straight out lie about it.
                              35 wheelen isn’t straightwall, so I’m not sure *** it is in this discussion.

If you’ll find me a 44 mag load that will do 2600, I’ll buy you a steak dinner. I never said a 125 at 2600 was the best performer on deer this world has ever seen—just that 2600 is more than 2200. I know math is hard for some people.

Like I said before, the stuff I was looking at and comparing are typical hunting rounds that the average retard in Indiana can buy at Walmart. You will also notice in my previous post that I mentioned two loadings that aforementioned retard in Indiana is not likely to even know exist.

I don’t own a 350, might own one in the future, so I don’t really have a dog in this fight. Gucci ammo will always find a niche that factories won’t produce, to the tune of $3 a round.
                              Last edited by TacticalCowboy; 08-26-2019, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I know math is hard for some folk cowboy and so is reading comprehension , I just showed you a 220gr Straight walled 444 factory round rated at 2660. Buffalo Bore nor Underwood are “Gucci” anymore.

I did accidentally put Whelen in place of Remington though...my mistake. I compared the 44 180gr with the 350 “Legend in its own mind” 180gr for my entertainment purposes. I think the fastest factory non-frangible 44 Mag load I’ve seen from a rifle clocked 2335 and was 160gr, maybe if someone shaved it to 125gr it would compete with the “Legend” Hype.

The advertising is straight up hype. Shoulda read “fastest straight wall for the AR platform”

I don’t have a dog in this fight either, and won’t, just laughs.
                                Last edited by Johnny44; 08-26-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X