No announcement yet.

Trad Hog Hunt with TBH'ers April 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff, I usually drive to South Texas, which is 26+ hours. It's not about shooting a pig, I just like coming to Texas to shoot a pig. I can find pigs closer to home if I just wanted to shoot a pig.

Comment

I know what you mean. I'm gonna try to shoot another one this evening but it's not the same as getting together with a group of like-minded folks to hunt with.

Comment

I know guys are coming from different directions, but I am off highway 82 between Paris and Clarksville TX. 25 miles East of Paris, and about 8 miles West of Clarksville. You will turn South onto CR 1270. Go 2.5 miles on 1270, then turn right on PR5010. Go 1 mile on 5010 and you will see cabins on right. If you need help you can call my cell. 903-249-4850. See y'all in a couple weeks.

Comment

I don't mind buying and bringing the stuff for a Sunday Breakfast, do you guys want more of the same...meaning eggs, sausage, etc...? Do we have someone who is doing the cooking, as that is probably not me. While I have been working on my cooking skills, I am not there yet and we want it eatable.

Comment

Will y'all be doing your own skinning? I have a skinner I can have come out if you need him. He charges 25.00 per hog to skin and quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by dhays View Post
              Will y'all be doing your own skinning? I have a skinner I can have come out if you need him. He charges 25.00 per hog to skin and quarter.
              For a pig...I'd gladly pay the fella 25! Lol

Comment

Hunter Todd spoke first for taking care of Sunday breakfast. Chunky you might want to check with him to see if he needs any help.

Comment

Originally posted by bassmatt72 View Post
                  Everyone will be responsible for their own drinks and mid day snacks through out the weekend. Sharing is acceptable!
                  Lunch Friday: everyone on their own
                  Supper Friday: Bassmatt72- Pinto beans with sausage and rice, and chocolate dessert
                  Need - approximately 30 bowls and spoons, paper towels

Breakfast Saturday: Phillip- scrambled eggs, onion, peppers, potatoes, cheddar cheese
                  Need - tortillas?
                  Need- plates, forks, napkins/paper towels

Lunch Saturday: Deer99hunter- Nilgia burgers
                  Doc- Ketchup, mustard, mayo and chips
                  Bassmatt72-chips
                  Need- plates, paper towels

Supper Saturdayeer99hunter-Seafood
                  Bassmatt72- corn on the cob and spray butter
                  Need- other vegetables to grill
                  Need-???
                  Need- plates, forks?, paper towels

Breakfast Sunday: Hunter Todd - burritos

Lunch Sunday: Ideas, volunteers??
                  Sunday breakfast is covered.

Comment

I'll be with Hunter Todd so I'll help him with Sunday Breakfast. I'll also bring a mess of eggs. Can't keep up with the chickens. Should have 3 to 4 dozen fresh ones if I can get them there without breaking. I can also help with anything else if needed. Ready to meet all you guys and stick a pig!

Comment

No problem, is everything covered?

I could buy some soft drinks or snack type items, whatever.

Do we need Sunday lunch? Are we doing breakfast before going out hunting in the morning, or when we get back after the hunt?
                      Last edited by Chunky; 03-25-2014, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Chunky, hamburger buns for Saturday lunch? how about a couple of bags of chips for sat. lunch, I'll give up that spot if youd want to bring those things. I didn't realize I was volunteering for as much as I was!

Comment

Done

Comment

Thanks Chunky.
                            What's everybody's thought on late breakfast after Sunday morning hunt then heading home after final camp clean up?

Comment

[QUOTE=bassmatt72;8402419]Everyone will be responsible for their own drinks and mid day snacks through out the weekend. Sharing is acceptable!
                              Lunch Friday: everyone on their own
                              Supper Friday: Bassmatt72- Pinto beans with sausage and rice, and chocolate dessert
                              Chackworth3 - approximately 30 bowls and spoons, paper towels

Breakfast Saturday: Phillip- scrambled eggs, onion, peppers, potatoes, cheddar cheese
                              Featherflinger - tortillas
                              Chackworth3- plates, forks, napkins/paper towels

Lunch Saturday: Deer99hunter- Nilgia burgers
                              Doc- Ketchup, mustard, mayo and chips
                              Chuncky-chips and buns
                              Chackworth3- plates, paper towels

Supper Saturdayeer99hunter-Seafood
                              Bassmatt72- corn on the cob and spray butter
                              Need- other vegetables to grill
                              Featherflinger- zucchini
                              Chackworth3- plates, forks?, paper towels

Breakfast Sunday: Hunter Todd- burritos

Lunch Sunday: Late breakfast after morning hunt, each person on there own for food after morning breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by bassmatt72 View Post
                                Thanks Chunky.
                                What's everybody's thought on late breakfast after Sunday morning hunt then heading home after final camp clean up?
                                That sounds like a good idea

Comment

Working...
                                X