Wondering How Everybody Is Doing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just wondering how everybody is doing, and what progress you have made.. All insulation and Sheetrock has been replaced. All interior walls and celling painting is finished. Flooring finished last night. Still need new kitchen cabinets painted, back splash, granite, sinks and new appliances installed. Need baseboards and 12 interior doors installed... Hope to be finished up by second week of November, and can start moving back in..

Still living with my son and D-I-L. We haven't killed each other... YET!

It was raining hard this morning, and it woke me up. I'll have to say I had a little bit of PTSD going on in my head..

Hope all are moving in the right direction, and back to normal soon.

Les
    Lesto!!

We haven't had any movement or news for over a month. Everything is gutted and we are in a camper. We have no correspondence from our adjuster despite many calls, texts and emails. No reports, no preliminary offers, nothing.

We are giving him one more chance to answer a phone call tomorrow, then we are going over his head, again. If that doesn't go anywhere, then we're calling the Claim Center and so forth and so on.

Comment

Living in a hotel in Houston. House still gutted. Cabinet guy is slow, sheet rock guy works 1/2 days and wife thinks she has a blank check. We are repairing/ upgrading / upgrading and getting deeper in debt.

I have flood and have been working on the flood insurance claim. But I have been real slow about it. They gave us an advance, i also took a loan with my company and hope to get SBA loan. But the SBA Stuff fell through because they could not get the correct stuff from the IRS. Also working on a home equity loan.

Wife got made at the existing tile floor so we are getting new tile floor. Which then touches EVERYTHING. now bathroom is out, walls, cabinets, and on and on. We are upgrading the bathtub to a new swimming pool in the bathroom, moving walls, extending kitchen... (good grief)

Long term plan.
      We are 51 and don't want to go through this again. This is our 2nd flood. First was Alison in 2001. We figure lets put the place together with love and live here for a couple more years. Then when we are 55 design our next place and sell this one. It's a lot of work to move a paraplegic. you buy a place that you can't use, modify the bathrooms so you can use the place, then move in.

Comment

Prayers up for All of Y'all. Hope you get back in your homes soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepntx View Post
          We haven't had any movement or news for over a month. Everything is gutted and we are in a camper. We have no correspondence from our adjuster despite many calls, texts and emails. No reports, no preliminary offers, nothing.

We are giving him one more chance to answer a phone call tomorrow, then we are going over his head, again. If that doesn't go anywhere, then we're calling the Claim Center and so forth and so on.
          Were in the same boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
            Were in the same boat.
            Is your insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program? If not, disregard what I say next.

I dont know who your adjuster is, or which claim center they work for, but I have a suggestion for you. There is an NFIP temporary office open in Beaumont, on Crow Rd kind of behind Marshall's. I think there's a church across the street from it.

Talk to a man named Ben Hardy and tell him what's going on. You'll need your policy and claim number, what claim center the adjuster works for and your adjuster's name. He will first attempt to contact your adjuster, then just keep moving up the chain until he gets an answer, all the way to NFIP Direct. He's helped us and my parents a ton. My parents' adjuster told them that it was out of his hands and awaiting FEMA approval. Ben found out that the only approval that was needed was for my parents to sign the report and the paperwork for their payout. Within an hour, the documents were signed and their check is in the mail to them. Ours hasn't gone THAT good, but he got our adjuster to call us and he promises he'll have a report to us by Monday.

It's worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepntx View Post
              Is your insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program? If not, disregard what I say next.

I dont know who your adjuster is, or which claim center they work for, but I have a suggestion for you. There is an NFIP temporary office open in Beaumont, on Crow Rd kind of behind Marshall's. I think there's a church across the street from it.

Talk to a man named Ben Hardy and tell him what's going on. You'll need your policy and claim number, what claim center the adjuster works for and your adjuster's name. He will first attempt to contact your adjuster, then just keep moving up the chain until he gets an answer, all the way to NFIP Direct. He's helped us and my parents a ton. My parents' adjuster told them that it was out of his hands and awaiting FEMA approval. Ben found out that the only approval that was needed was for my parents to sign the report and the paperwork for their payout. Within an hour, the documents were signed and their check is in the mail to them. Ours hasn't gone THAT good, but he got our adjuster to call us and he promises he'll have a report to us by Monday.

It's worth a shot.
              Thanks for the info. We'll give it a shot.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing as the title of this posting.

How is everybody doing?

God bless Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's been a long road to recovery, but we've been blessed in so many ways and should hopefully be moving back home sometime in March. Good help has been hard to find as contractors are backed up, so patience has been vital. We've been living with family, which has really helped with the kids but we're anxious to be home again. Sheetrock went up in December, carpentry is close to being finished and paint starts next week. Thank you again for all of the support from the TBH family, and continued prayers for all of those affected. If there is anyone from the Kingwood/NE Houston area that needs anything, please let me know. Would be glad to help wherever possible.
                  Attached Files

Comment

My heart pours out to all of you affected. Prayers for your lives to get back in order.

Comment

My MIL is returning to her house in Spring on Saturday! Complete renovation to the downstairs of her home as it had 30" of water.
                      Actually, everything was finished and final deliveries made early this week, but she has enjoyed staying with us so much for the past 5 months that she doesn't want to move in until Saturday! What is the emoji for that?

Comment

We are moving back by April 1 if it’s finished or not. Our carpenters have built on-site and installed all the cabinet boxes and associated trim. They have also replaced a lot of crown molding. Now they have been building a lot of doors, drawers, and cabinets. Hoping this week doors and drawers are installed and molding is finished. From there the need to install the wood treads and iron pickets on the stairs. After that it’s paint, counters, floors, the appliances installed. Praying they can get it done in 6 weeks!

We are praying for others in the same boat and we appreciate prayers coming our way as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X