No announcement yet.

Releasing Bobcats from traps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have released every bobcat I have ever snared....they were dead when I released them but they were released.

Comment

If it's worth money and I'm putting forth an effort to catch things so I can make extra cash then it's getting shot and then released. I don't know why someone would let a bobcat go. There's no shortage of them.

Comment

I was in south tx with a trapper pulled up on a young cat, he released because the pelt wasn’t worth anything. That’s all he targets is bobcats for there pelts.

Comment

Pretty cool to see we’re getting talked about on another platform.

We try not to kill them because they aren’t a major predator on deer compared to our target, coyotes.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
            This is just out of pure curiosity. I have seen several videos of people who have caught bobcats in foot traps, take a catch pole and release the cat. What is the purpose of this? I guess my real question is, why set a trap if you aren’t going to take what is caught? Bobcats are just as much a predator as a coyote.
            Originally posted by Encinal View Post
            Pretty cool to see we’re getting talked about on another platform.

We try not to kill them because they aren’t a major predator on deer compared to our target, coyotes.
            Your questions have been answered from the source of the videos. You may close your thread lol

Comment

I was thinking the same thing! Learn something everyday!

Comment

TUCO is the man....

Comment

Working...
                X