State Parks Across Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State Parks Across Texas

I know there are ALOT of state parks across this great state and I'm sure many of folks on here have visited them. Since we just bought our new 5th wheel I'm looking to get some use out of it. Any recommendations as to what you guys have experienced and the best places to go and visit, will be a family of 4 with 2 kiddos that are 7 & 3 yrs. old. Thanks in advance!

Garner, Inks lake, Dinosaur Valley, just a few that you will like.

Comment

Dinosaur Valley is a really good one for kids.

Comment

Enchanted rock, Garner, but my favorite has been Palo Duro.

Comment

As mentioned above the Texas Hill Country parks are very nice, but I steer clear of them during the summer. Inks lake and Garner are mad houses during the summer weekends. Pedernales is not as busy and there is lots of wildlife roaming the park. We spend lots of time at Copper and Atlanta parks up here in east Tx.

Comment

Palo Duro is real nice. Also buy an annual Texas State Parks pass. You'll be glad you did.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
              Palo Duro is real nice. Also buy an annual Texas State Parks pass. You'll be glad you did.
              Your not the first person to recommend that, I'm going to look into getting one of those!

Comment

South Llano River State Park in Junction, Tx

Comment

Use the search function, there is a lot of good info that has been posted before on this subject. Sounds like yall are in for a lot of family fun.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    Use the search function, there is a lot of good info that has been posted before on this subject. Sounds like yall are in for a lot of family fun.
                    Hopefully so, looking forward to getting out there and seeing what we can see!

Comment

(on Lakes)
                      Fairfield, Tyler, Cleburne, Huntsville

Comment

Palo Duro Canyon, Enchanted Rock, Longhorn Cavern, Caddo Lake, Possum Kingdom Lake. These were my favorites. At least so far

Comment

They are very diverse! I'd get a parks guide handbook from one of the state parks and read the summaries of each park. Or, see park descriptions on tpwd.texas.gov Gravitate toward the stuff y'all like to do most. As mentioned earlier, a parks pass(about $70) can save you lots of entry fee money over a year's time.

Comment

Lost Maples State Park, we go every year...

Comment

Galveston State Park.

Comment

Working...
                              X