• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are making my mouth water

Comment

sounds great thanks

Comment

Awesome Brisket

"Awesome Brisket, if I did have something to do with it myself". Had 16 lbs on for 17 hrs. Had a little trouble with temperature control, but when it was finished.... oooohhhh so gooood. Thanks for the Recipe. Wont try to win any of your contest's with it but it sure the heck made me some new friends. 1 question, do you find the savory in the fridge section with the greens cause I couldnt find it in spices?

Comment

I smoked one last weekend for my daughter's 1st B-day party. I've done quite a few, but this recipe really hit home. It came out perfect!! Two people said it was the best brisket they've ever had period. Thanks for the recipe.(I added a smidgen of Cayenne)

Comment

It's fast becoming the oficial brisket recipe of TexasBowhunter.com.

Comment

I find Savory in the spice section. I usually buy McCormicks.

Description
              Savory is the dried leaves of the herb Satureja hortensis. The brownish-green leaves are fragrantly aromatic, resembling that of Thyme. It is commonly called summer or garden savory.

Uses
              Savory blends well with other herbs. Used in vegetables, beans, lentils, bouquet garni, eggs, stuffings, condiments, hamburger, gravy, soup mixes, and in spice blends, of the Mediterranean such as herbes de Provence.

Origins
              The major producers of Savory are France and the Balkan States. The Yugoslavian variety is recognized as the premier grade.

Folklore
              Savory, with its peppery flavor, was known to the Romans before the first lots of true pepper were imported from India. In the first century B.C., Virgil grew savory as ambrosia for his bees, believing that it made their honey taste better. In the Middle Ages, savory was used as a flavoring for cakes, pies, and puddings.

Comment

I have never cooked a brisket before on a smoker and gave this a try over Easter. I turned out awesome. Can't wait to do another one.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                  Take it off and wrap in towel and place in ice chest with out ice of course for about 1/2 hour.

We've always pulled meat out and put it in a large styrofoam cooler that is lined w/ tin foil. (Don't wrap the meat just set it in there) Is this going to produce the same results as the towel?

Comment

Yes

Comment

I have rib rub that is great and I have been wanting a diffrent one for brisket, I will have to try it thanks.

Comment

I was looking for something a little different and am going to try this one out. I'm cooking for about 125+ people in a couple of weeks for a company party and this should be a really good recipe. Heck I may make a practice run this weekend.

Comment

The last one I did like this turned out so good, I've been nominated to smoke one for my nephew's birthday this weekend. I'll be doing a pork butt also(I'll post the recipe for that next week). Nothing like great BBQ and a few cold ones. The last one I did without savory and a pinch of cayenne. This is a great recipe by SOTX if you haven't tried it yet.

Comment

Remember butts take a lot longer to cook than a brisket.

Comment

reviving this to ask..how about a ham..any suugestions on that?

Comment

would you please describe to me or send me pics of what type of smoker you are using... thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X