Maui 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maui 2017

We spent a week on Maui a couple weeks ago. Lots of pretty stuff there. Here's some pics....

Beach at Fairmont Kea Lani resort where we stayed.

Sea Turtles and surf near Mama's Fish House

View from the table at Mama's (great food, by the way)

The Road to Hana....

Black Sand Beach

More Road to Hana....

Seven Pools off Road to Hana

View from near the church where Charles Lindburgh is buried

grave...

The road past Hana on south side of island. They have lots of axis deer there, but we didn't see any. Saw several wild goats.

Secret Beach

The volcano on the main part of Maui is called Haleakala. The summit is a little over 10,000' above sea level. This is the crater. We stayed to see the sun set above the clouds.

Then we stayed a while longer to see the stars. It's supposedly the 4th best spot on the planet to view stars. The Haleakala Observatory is up there.

After an hour's drive down off the mountain after dark back to the hotel, we got up at 3:30am the next morning to go fishing out of Lahaina.

We didn't know that it's bad luck to have bananas on board. M.C. packed some in our snack bag. Fishing was slow at first.

After I offered the captain a banana, we learned about the bad luck deal. He was laughing his head off. He said he didn't believe in that stuff, but his deck hand did. While we were laughing about it, M.C. went down below and got the bananas and threw them overboard. About 5 minutes later we started catching fish.

Awesome trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful pics.

Does that fishing guide have a belly button ring?!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
        Beautiful pics.

Does that fishing guide have a belly button ring?!
        Yep. And a nipple ring and an ear ring. He lives in a hammock on the dock. He retired early. It doesn't cost much to retire if you live in a hammock, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Yep. And a nipple ring and an ear ring. He lives in a hammock on the dock. He retired early. It doesn't cost much to retire if you live in a hammock, I guess.
          Dang, he's just asking for someone to rip one back and get a hook caught in there! Looks like he knows what he's doing though!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
            Dang, he's just asking for someone to rip one back and get a hook caught in there! Looks like he knows what he's doing though!
            He's been fishing for a long time. He was good. A little different, but he was good. He was polite and friendly as well.

Comment

Awesome pics

Comment

Man, it's too bad you don't know how to take a decent photo...

Stunning, actually.

Comment

Looks almost identical to our trip to Maui in 2015! Fairmont was an amazing place to stay.

Comment

I just heard about the banana thing this past week. Sounds like they are perfect for chum! Great pics!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                      Looks almost identical to our trip to Maui in 2015! Fairmont was an amazing place to stay.
                      Yep, it was pretty swank.

Originally posted by tgil View Post
                      I just heard about the banana thing this past week. Sounds like they are perfect for chum! Great pics!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      Yep, keep those nanners off the boat if you want to catch fish.

Comment

Awesome! My wife and I were there a month ago and really enjoyed it. Beautiful pictures!

Comment

Looks like a heck of a time!

Comment

Beautiful place. Looks like a good time!

Comment

Great pics!! thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X