Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decisions. Decisions. Watch list for next year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's another buck that is a legend. My middle brother tried to put rifle hunters on this deer for 3 years. Always too far or wouldn't stay put long enough for a sneak. Another thing about him is that he manages to break something early every year. He has to be 9 1/2 in these pics. He was a typical 12 when I named him Chocolate 12 our second year on the ranch. He's been a 10 last 3 years. He is a TOAD for body size. Look at that paunch. He's another deer that under the right circumstances, I might hunt for him. I'll have to see how he does as a 10 1/2 yo. Not a protein hog, but does visit the pens.

Click image for larger version

Name:	choc 12 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	23833358

Name:	choc 12 2.JPG
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	23833359

Name:	choc 12 4.JPG
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	23833360

Comment

Originally posted by tuthdoc View Post
      If I were rich, I could show you some MAJOR decisions to ponder. Trying to keep them low 50's or less.
      Come on with it then. I was wondering if all you got was low 50's.

edit: I like the "phantom, a ghost, a wisp of wind that tempts you on the cameras but never shows" the best..
      Last edited by JTS; 03-28-2008, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I'll trade you two grandsons for AJ...

(J/K) Keep those pics coming, it is making my day at work go faster!!! What are you buying for dinner tonight?

Comment

Great pics TD...I killed a deer very similar to the massive deer in the first few pics. He looks great on the wall and his mass makes all the other deer look small.

Comment

Nice bucks, thanks for posting the pictures. Why do you want to keep it in the 50's or less? Will it cost you more money for going over that?

I better get back to work, try to earn some more money.....maybe one day I will be able to get on a deal like this.

Good luck!

Comment

Dude, you're gettin' me pumped already. Sweet shots, go get 'em!

Comment

Awesome bucks as usual!

Comment

very, very nice. Man I got about 8 cameras and none of them are set up.....got to get em rolling soon. Thanks for sharing Tuthdoc.

Comment

Yall are some nice deer. Dosent look like a hard decision.

Comment

Easy decision for me. That heavy toad in the 1st set of photos would take a serious dirt nap.

I'm a mass junkie!

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

...if only I could have those tough decision. Quality animals Doc. Keep us drooling until the season starts.

Comment

We can kill as big a deer as we can find and get past the main partners, but it cost money after 150. I don't mind paying some kill fees, but I'm satisfied videoing the high dollar deer and killing the ones that cost me little to nothing, other than my sweat and gas to run the feeder program.

Comment

Nice coon crop I wonder how many will make P&Y? lol.

Comment

Coons? Oh, we have coons. Not PY coons. We're talking BC coons. Coons that are so big that they are hard to shake out of the live trap after you've introduced a .17 to their brain. They are some protein eating sons o' guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman View Post
                                I'll trade you two grandsons for AJ...

(J/K) Keep those pics coming, it is making my day at work go faster!!! What are you buying for dinner tonight?
                                Now why would he do that Mailman? He already gets to see them whenever he wants, and can give them back when they have a dirty diaper!

Nice bucks Tuthdoc. Good luck in making your decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X