No announcement yet.

Would you move to the PNW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m considering eastern Oregon around Bend, Or. when I retire in a little over two years.

Comment

if the employment opportunity helped me, my family and my career excel. There are GOOD people everywhere in this nation. I was not a fan of Portland, Oregon but I had peers that loved living there. Seattle is very different and the growth in that area is incredible. The rural areas are obviously different and some of those towns are far from liberal...…….or for that matter staunch conservative. I doubt I would make such a major decision based on just those factors nonetheless. Honestly, if it sucks o high heaven you can always come back. Nothing ventured...... absolutely nothing gained!!! Kongrats on having options sir......life is good!

Comment

My youngest lives there. They hike almost every weekend in the most incredible places during the summer, as well as fish. In the winter, they snowboard. It is beautiful country to live in. They like the outdoor options so much that I don't think I will ever get them back here. Sad for me, but happy they have such great outdoor opportunities with Blake.

Comment

I'd move to the pacific northwest in a heartbeat. If you like being outdoors, its a great place to be. There's plenty of hunting/fishing, just not a lot of private land hunting like TX. It is definitely a liberal place to live.

Comment

I’m not entirely concerned about the politics as Texas is going that way also, and I wouldnt plan to be in the major cities anyway. I’m not set on anything it has just came up quite a bit. Hardest part is leaving family. The outdoor opportunities are obviously a huge draw also.

Comment

I live in Spokane and it really is a neat city. Not too big, but in 30 minutes you can disappear into the mountains. Hunting is rough, I can’t tell you how many miles I walked this past year for elk and mule deer, I didn’t see anything! We are really close to Idaho, so we take our 4wheelers over there and ride all day around some of the big lakes. I can’t wait to move back to Texas but I know I will miss the beautiful PNW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of places I would move, but not PNW.
                Money ain’t everything.

Comment

Nope.. I don't like many people in general... but I can't tolerate a liberal from the get go...

Comment

PMW is like Texas

Urban centers liberal... rural god and guns.

The beauty of PNW is the OTC hunting there and bordering states.

Look at the county election maps

Comment

Nope.....I'm not leaving Texas. Ever.

Comment

I would. In a heartbeat. Just that much closer to Alaska. But I prefer the cold over warm, and mountains over plains.

One thing to keep in mind, its not sunny near as much there, and some people don't get enough sun, and eventually become depressed (The actual vitamin deficiency is slipping my mind right now). Go up there, take a look around, see if you like it.

Comment

Ill leave Texas when I die.

Comment

Home is where you make it. Very beautiful country up there and for years I wanted to move up in that direction. My wife refused to leave Texas. The older I got...the smarter she got. You can always go there to vacation but there is really no place like Texas.

Comment

Lived there for 6 months working years ago.
                              It rained every day.....
                              I was really glad to leave

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                                Would you consider a move there?

In the future I may have the opportunity for relocation to either Washington or Oregon...specifically west of the cascades and to a relatively small rural town. It has came up quite a bit lately and I was curious if everyone’s opinion. I know most here love Texas and it’s culture but I’m honestly tired of the weather here. I’m at a point in life where it may be optimal time to make the move but it’s a big decision.

For that that live or have lived there... what are your pros/cons of the area versus Texas.
                                If it was JUST liberal then maybe I could live there. You hit upon it the culture is way different than ours. I mean very, very much so.

Also, no way I could take a dark rainy winter. I own property in Tacoma so I have spent a fair amount of time up there. I LOVE the summer weather. The winters are terrible, dark and gray. Not too cold just dark and gray.

Comment

Working...
                                X