Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunder shirts for dogs/fireworks??

Work or not??

I can’t imagine they would....I laugh every time I watch the commercial while thinking that people actually pay money for those

Comment

I have no personal experience, but I know several people who swear by them

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
        I can’t imagine they would....I laugh every time I watch the commercial while thinking that people actually pay money for those
        Some swear by them. And there are studies with humans showing this science as viable in several treatments. Just not a lot of real studies with anaimals...

Comment

We have neurotic loon of a dog that turns herself inside out at the sound of fireworks. My wife bought one and I was skeptical but it does seem to work to some degree

Comment

We put our chihuahua in a papoose when there’s thunder or fireworks and she calms down immediately.

Comment

Oddly enough, they do seem to work. We adopted a dachshund that had been abused by a man at some point and he was scared of me. Wife didn’t buy a thunder vest but some silly Spider-Man outfit for him. She put it on him and I was able to walk right up and pick him up where that would never happen before. I think it just gives them some sort of calming, comfort feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hate it when my dog is gun shy as a Kennedy.

Comment

I hate it when my dog is as gun shy as a kennedy
                  Last edited by Cold 1; 07-03-2018, 05:44 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

They don't work for one of my wife's Dobermans. She still puts it on her. We have t storms right now.

3 out of 4 of our Dobermans are(were for two, they are dead) are scared of gunshots, thunder, fireworks, ect.

Comment

I thought it was a waste of money when my wife bought one for our lab but I’m sold on them now. Our beta lab is different dog with one on. I’m a believer.

Comment

I had a dog it worked very well with. As soon as I put it on her, she would roll her eyes back and almost collapse against my legs. It was like watching a person getting hit with morphine. With that and turning up the volume on the TV, we all were a lot happier!
                        Some dogs it doesn't work on, but it's a Godsend when it does.

Comment

I don't know about the specialty shirts they are now selling, but a plain ol' sweater worked wonders to calm one of my Ridgebacks - not from fireworks - but after she had surgery. She kept trying to bite at the bandages. We put one of my wife's old sweaters on her, which covered the bandages, and she acted like she didn't have a care in the world. After the stitches healed, we left it completely off of her, and she would whine until we would put it back on her. We had to wean her off of wearing a sweater. She loved it.
                          All the best,
                          Glenn

Comment

Why wouldn’t a $3 ace bandage work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We got one for our Jack Russel. She is afraid of lightning and Thunder. Didn't help her. She still shakes really bad with or without the Thunder Jacket.

Comment

Working...
                              X