No announcement yet.

Rating the Hard Coolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 3 Colman coolers for almost 20 yrs...and they still are in good shape and HOLD ICE for a couple days! Imagine that!! The new coolers are good also, but I don't need to keep up with the Jones.

Comment

If I had to buy another heavy duty cooler it would be an R-Tic. I have a couple of Yetis and R-tics. I can't see me having to buy another one in the near future, but if I did, I'd just as soon save the difference and spend it on other things.

Comment

I have 45 and 65 rtic and do like them. However I still use my 150 igloos when processing critters. I just cant pay those prices for the larger fancy coolers. With Bucees so close to the house with cheap ice I just cant justify the cost.

Comment

I have an Orion, I actually like it better than the yetis.

Comment

RTIC is great

RTICs are great. Same design as Yeti but literally half the price. Like, so similar design wise you'd think RTIC is Chinese (they're not - they're Texan).

Actually the story I heard is the RTIC company was started by a former partner in Yeti who thought the prices were entirely too high, so they parted on reasonably good terms and RTIC just can't use the Yeti name or certain Yeti design elements.

I have to agree that the Yeti price is entirely too high. RTIC is still high, but reasonable.

Also, I don't know where any of those other companies are based, but I know RTIC is a small business based in Texas, so I'd rather support them.

Comment

I have a cabelas polar cap cooler that has been nothing but excellent. Sticks out from the square shaped coolers and I like the overkill double handles. Made in the USA and if you catch em at the right time you get the wheels thrown in.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Bowhuntamistad; 04-23-2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

I watch this guy. He does some solid tests. Seems the Siberian and Kysek have the longest ice holds. These are all solid contenders though, better than Yeti.

Last edited by staplehawk; 04-23-2018, 09:55 AM.

Comment

95 qt Pelican, 35 qt Pelican and 60 qt Cabelas, all work great! The Pelican have swivel handles or fixed whichever you want to use and the locks are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan-in-SA1 View Post
                    RTICs are great. Same design as Yeti but literally half the price. Like, so similar design wise you'd think RTIC is Chinese (they're not - they're Texan).

Actually the story I heard is the RTIC company was started by a former partner in Yeti who thought the prices were entirely too high, so they parted on reasonably good terms and RTIC just can't use the Yeti name or certain Yeti design elements.

I have to agree that the Yeti price is entirely too high. RTIC is still high, but reasonable.

Also, I don't know where any of those other companies are based, but I know RTIC is a small business based in Texas, so I'd rather support them.
                    RTICs are definitely made in the People's Republic of China. There's no way they could offer them at those prices otherwise. Remember when they screwed everybody and strung them along for a year and used customers money to fund their first big Chinese order? Here's straight off RTICs website:

Where are your coolers made?
                    Like other major competitors, RTIC products are made in China in order to provide the best quality at the lowest price to you, the consumer. Just like many of the outdoor products you will buy at your favorite sporting goods store; overseas manufacturing is a cost effective way for retailers to provide an affordable product to its customers.

Comment

Nothing wrong with the Ozark Trails. They also have a wheel kit for the two larger models. I have a few, and they are holding up fine.

cricman

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bison

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
                            Iceholes are the best but you pay for them! Made in USA by Veterans (if I remember correctly)!

Canyon, Pelican, and Orion are my favorite "mid-range" coolers

Or just cheap out and get an RTIC or KODI like most people

Can't help on size but just remember they start to get pretty dang heavy
                            Never seen Iceholes, but wow they are pricey.

Comment

Surprisingly, my best performing cooler is my 70 qt Ozark Trail cooler from Walmart. Not sure if they make one as big as you want though...

Comment

After using the Bison I won a few months back quite a few times now, I really like it and would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X