Strange Finds in the Woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    Hog hunting down on the Briscoe Catarina a few years ago I found a purple pair of women's panties laying on the open ground miles from nowhere. No body, just the panties. Often wondered what they would say if they could talk. Wouldn't matter I guess since I don't understand spanish.
    They would say..""20 dollars sir".

Comment

Bump

Surely we have some new people with stories or even old people with new stories.

Comment

Found one of these just sitting on a stump about a mile deep in the woods last weekend. It looked brand new.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          Found one of these just sitting on a stump about a mile deep in the woods last weekend. It looked brand new.

Hoggslayer
          Lol something just like that or a real life version of that?

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
            Lol something just like that or a real life version of that?
            Lol. A stuffed animal version of this. I brought it home for my daughter. I left behind the real deal and a sock.

Hoggslayer

Comment

My buddy and I were at our bow lease and we smelled something rotting near the gate. Had a weird sickening "sweet" tinge to it. We figured it was just roadkill. This old guy metal detecting the ditch fifty yards from the gate found a decapitated body a few days later. A hooker's head was a few feet away from the body. Don't think they ever found the person who did it.

I've found a bunch of chimneys, shacks, wagon roads, arrow heads, old pots/pans. I came close to finding that body, happy I didn't the smell was awful.

Comment

Found a perfectly good bowling ball pin in the middle of the woods at Hagerman on my hunt hunt two weekends ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged for further reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                    Found a perfectly good bowling ball pin in the middle of the woods at Hagerman on my hunt hunt two weekends ago.

Tell me you didn't touch it..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH]950028[/ATTACH]

Aint mine, they big enough to cover a motorsickle with.
                      Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                        Not me but an aquaintance found a small clay figurine about 2-3 inches tall on what used to be the Arrowhead Ranch on 16 south of Tilden. He guessed it was from the early white settlers.
                        He took it somewhere (don't remember where) and had it examined by an expert. The guy told him it was a Mayan fertility idol.

I found a small sanstone ball about the size of a golf ball on our place by Pleasanton. Being a kid, I broke it with a hammer and it was full of loose sand. In the loose sand was a shark toothe about 2 mm long. I don't have it anymore, though. The house we lived in burned to the ground.

Also in P-town I found a limp helium balloon with a note attached that was set adrift by a elementary school class several hundred miles away (don't remember where they were from). We wrote them & let them know the balloon was found.

I also found a similar item on the beach of San Jose Island (St Joseph's) while working cattle, but it was a bottle full of notes from school kids. Being horseback & gathering steers, I set it under a windmill to retrieve later. I never did go back. It may or may not still be there.

Back in 3rd-4th grade...had to be in the mid 70's the elementary school I went to, Ashbel Smith Elementary in Baytown celebrated their 50th or 75th anniversary by having all of the students fill out a card with their manes and address and attach them to a balloon and set them loose with hopes that whoever found them would write back to let us know how far they had traveled. Don't remember many details of where many ended up but I remember getting a letter back that mine made it to Green River Wyoming ….or something similar

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                          Tell me you didn't touch it..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Lol! Why?

Comment

When day leasing on a place in Sabinal, TX. we went into the land owners house to talk to him. He had a bony bear pelvis incased in glass with a flint broadhead burried half way into the bone. It seems some Indian tried to take the ol' Texas Heart Shot but was a little to the right. Awesome find by him!

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              [ATTACH]950028[/ATTACH]

Aint mine, they big enough to cover a motorsickle with.
                              Man....you ain’t right brother [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Feeding my mom's cats one morning saw this sitting in here pasture about 200 yards from her house. Found out later an emergency landing for the guys training out of camp Bowie. Engine fire forced it down.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X