CVA Hunter....which caliber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CVA Hunter....which caliber?

I've been wanting to get one of these little single shots to keep in my truck. I'm considering a 7mm-08 since it is efficient in a 20" barrel. But I also really like the 243 caliber or the 223 might be a better all purpose round. I would probably use it almost exclusively for deer. We just dont see coyotes at my hill country lease and daytime hog sightings while driving the ranch roads are uncommon. What does the GS say?
    Attached Files

.243 as an all around rifle. Especially if it's going to be used for deer.

Comment

I had one in 223 and it was a real shooter but I traded it for one in 308. With that short barrel it should be a cannon lol!

Comment

44 Mag

Comment

I have one in .243 and it’s never let me down.
          Deer, pigs and a bobcat so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

7mm-08 if deer is the primary.

Comment

Thanks for the input

Comment

7-08

Comment

I had a scout in 7-08. I’ve never been a big rifle shooting guy (range shooting), but I could make that rifle shoot cloverleaf holes at 100 yds. 7-08 or .243 would be spot on for your need.

Comment

I'd go 7-08 or 243 as well

Comment

I have shot the 7mm-08 CVA Hunter and recoil was suprisingly not bad. I would go 7mm-08, but no smaller than a .243.

Comment

7-08 for deer. Not a .243 fan.

Comment

I have one in 45-70 that will handle all Marlin level loads. Great gun for anything I might come across pretty much anywhere.

Comment

I think they make them in 35 whelen, so that would be my vote, but of the calibers listed 7-08

Comment

bought my son a cva hunter in 7mm08......MOST INACCURATE SOB I've ever owned. Factory loads, handloads, gunsmith, gunsmith, gunsmith, 2 sets of scope bases, rings and 3 scopes. Finally just gave it away. I WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER!!!!

I mean the best groups it ever achieved was 2.75" @100

Comment

Working...
                              X