The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
    Saw a bottle of Blanton's at a mom and pop store in Webster, $70 for the dang bottle. No thanks, last bottle I purchased, granted before the gotta have it craze, was $50.
    Same in Tx City. And, people are paying it.

Comment

I have a liquor store I frequent, they call me from time to time when stuff comes in I like, prices are generally very reasonable, Weller 12 is $28. Got a call they had a bottle of Pappy 15, wanted to know if I wanted it for $1500, I passed.

Comment

Saw a bottle of Blanton's at a mom and pop store in Webster, $70 for the dang bottle. No thanks, last bottle I purchased, granted before the gotta have it craze, was $50.
        What’s crazy is $70 is pretty much retail pricing these days. It’s good but I don’t think $70 good but to each their own. EH Taylor and Elijah Craig are both much cheaper and just as good imo

Comment

Originally posted by boomer453 View Post
          I make it a point to try something new most of the time but always come back to a few favorites.

Bulleit
          Four roses single barrel
          Woodford reserve.
          Most people that like Four Roses like Bulleit, because Bulleit sourced it's bourbon from Four Roses. Bulleit recently opened their own distillery and they may have their own bourbon now, but historically, Bulleit has been made by Four Roses.

I love the 4 Roses Single Barrels, especially the store picks with their 5 variations of the E mash bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Love those Poison Girl Picks. Have a buddy that lives in Houston and he always picks one up for me when he grabs himself one. They recently had an Eagle Rare store pick that was the best bottle of Eagle Rare I have ever had, but their 4 Roses Single Barrel picks are usually amazing. The owner of Poison Girl has a great palate.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6E807648-C59C-4C66-A69A-2DBAB3192D35.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	24523619

Prepping for my retirement! Need to replenish the Woodford!

Comment

That Basil Hayden is my favorite day to day bourbon. I prefer it over that Rip Van you got there.

Comment

Going for $75 here now. Have to ask for it as it’s not kept on shelves and only 1 bottle per person. Guess we can thank these guys going and getting 4-5 bottles at time for that but at least they stopped that
                  Last edited by bphillips; 12-26-2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    Going for $75 here now. Have to ask for it as it’s not kept on shelves and only 1 bottle per person. Guess we can thank these guys going and getting 4-5 bottles at time for that but at least they stopped that
                    I just can't pull the trigger on a bottle at that cost. Scotch, that's a different story.

Comment

I just put a liter of Evan Williams Honey bourbon in 6gallons of pear wine.........YES!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just found this thread. Great news !

I prefer Crown Royal Reserve on the Rocks. Awesome awesome taste like nothing else.

Chick I’ve been dating off and on for the last couple years just bought me a Woodford Reserve double oaked. We got whacked on it and got lost in the man cave.

I just bought a bottle of Michters Small Batch American unblended whiskey.

Didn’t open it yet but it looks good and has awards. I’ll try to get lost with her again on this, but she’s a Tito Vodka or Hendricks Gin girl (barf)

Comment

Duplicate

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                            [ATTACH]889498[/ATTACH]

Prepping for my retirement! Need to replenish the Woodford!

I drank that Whistle Pig 100 proof as an after dinner drink [emoji485] and was lit up ! Great stuff !

Comment

I just can't pull the trigger on a bottle at that cost. Scotch, that's a different story.
                              See and I’ve tried some of the most recommended scotch’s and I wanted to spit it out haha. So since I’m not a fan of that at all I don’t mind an expensive bourbon since it’s priced like a modest scotch.

Now the Garrison Bros Cowboy Bourbon I have is priced waaay higher and is really good if you like a bite. It went for $200+ and gets touched only for special occasions and is also 135 proof

I enjoy bourbon though
                              Last edited by bphillips; 12-26-2017, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                                See and I’ve tried some of the most recommended scotch’s and I wanted to spit it out haha. So since I’m not a fan of that at all I don’t mind an expensive bourbon since it’s priced like a modest scotch.

Now the Garrison Bros Cowboy Bourbon I have is priced waaay higher and is really good if you like a bite. It went for $200+ and gets touched only for special occasions and is also 135 proof

I enjoy bourbon though
                                Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X